Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

7 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I rarely use the angry emoji, in fact, I just checked how often I have used it and it turns out I’ve used it four times since they were introduced. I can’t confirm when that was, suffice to say, it was a fair while ago.

I used it in this instance because I objected to your post telling people what they should post and when. It might be boring to you but as new information comes to light, and today, the BBC were running an article about us owing 29 million quid (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59358676) people should be free to make reference to this news and the person responsible for allowing it to occur.

Secondly, and you were the unfortunate to be on the receiving end of my mood at that moment, I had been sickened by the “David, can you tell me how to donate, I want to donate a hundred quid/David I’d like to know if the direct debit I’ve set up is enough? kind of posts I’d read just prior to reading your post. 

Ive donated to the running costs of the forum in the past, even bought a dcfcfans tee shirt with the most ridiculous rams head logo I’ve ever seen because I thought it might be supporting the forum, but I never made an issue over either, that was between me and the proprietor of the forum.

So, while I stand by the reaction I gave your post, another day I might have just rolled my eyes and thought “who does he think he is telling people what and when to post” I do concede what I’d read just prior to reading your post probably influenced my thinking.

Well maybe if you were in a bad mood because weirdly you don't like people posting about giving support to the forum, other people might be in bad mood because they are sick of people moaning about Mel Morris. On the day that BBC make reference in their usual "unbiased" way to the various people who are owed money by Derby County, worth remembering that the the clubs biggest creditor is a certain mel Morris. And those debts he intends to write off, and would have written off if he had sold the club in January 2020 or later.  His chances of selling the club were certainly not helped, to put it mildly, by the EFL action and by COVID.    

This thread is about the 21 point deduction. Which was applied by the EFL, not by Mel Morris. How exactly does that point deduction help Derby or their creditors? It means almost certain relegation , may affect the price buyers are likely to pay and therefore the payout to creditors.  

20 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Secondly, and you were the unfortunate to be on the receiving end of my mood at that moment, I had been sickened by the “David, can you tell me how to donate, I want to donate a hundred quid/David I’d like to know if the direct debit I’ve set up is enough? kind of posts I’d read just prior to reading your post. 

Ive donated to the running costs of the forum in the past, even bought a dcfcfans tee shirt with the most ridiculous rams head logo I’ve ever seen because I thought it might be supporting the forum, but I never made an issue over either, that was between me and the proprietor of the forum.

Until today, it seems!

Have an angry face reaction on me, for opining what people can and cannot discuss on here.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Well maybe if you were in a bad mood because weirdly you don't like people posting about giving support to the forum, other people might be in bad mood because they are sick of people moaning about Mel Morris. On the day that BBC make reference in their usual "unbiased" way to the various people who are owed money by Derby County, worth remembering that the the clubs biggest creditor is a certain mel Morris. And those debts he intends to write off, and would have written off if he had sold the club in January 2020 or later.  His chances of selling the club were certainly not helped, to put it mildly, by the EFL action and by COVID.    

This thread is about the 21 point deduction. Which was applied by the EFL, not by Mel Morris. How exactly does that point deduction help Derby or their creditors? It means almost certain relegation , may affect the price buyers are likely to pay and therefore the payout to creditors.  

People posting off topic what will the world come to next. 

Bring back the birch.

Just now, GboroRam said:

I think there's always a bit of time for extra vitriol for Mel, after how he's left this club. 

We need to be careful about the sentiments of the message - this forum is littered with digressions and off thread discussions, plucking one from the top of my head the numerous references to the Kray Twins regards the potential new Glaswegian owners, then we have the pun fests and so on.

But they're OK? But other digressions aren't.

Think we are in danger of speaking for other people rather than oneself and also selectively applying what is OK to post and what isn't according to one's own personal agenda.

26 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

We need to be careful about the sentiments of the message - this forum is littered with digressions and off thread discussions, plucking one from the top of my head the numerous references to the Kray Twins regards the potential new Glaswegian owners, then we have the pun fests and so on.

But they're OK? But other digressions aren't.

Think we are in danger of speaking for other people rather than oneself and also selectively applying what is OK to post and what isn't according to one's own personal agenda.

You've lost me there. 

As long as it's not libellous and not breaching rules about personal attacks, I don't mind posts that say exactly what people feel about the actions of Mel. I doubt many people are pleased with our position. I hold him responsible for at least 12 of those points. I still don't see why he couldn't have brought down the wage bill, ridden out the covid restrictions, paid our debts and given back the ground. It would have cost him an absolute fortune but that's the results of the gambles he's put in place - gambles which nobody forced him to take. To walk away unscathed is highly dishonourable, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

You've lost me there. 

As long as it's not libellous and not breaching rules about personal attacks, I don't mind posts that say exactly what people feel about the actions of Mel. I doubt many people are pleased with our position. I hold him responsible for at least 12 of those points. I still don't see why he couldn't have brought down the wage bill, ridden out the covid restrictions, paid our debts and given back the ground. It would have cost him an absolute fortune but that's the results of the gambles he's put in place - gambles which nobody forced him to take. To walk away unscathed is highly dishonourable, in my opinion.

Sorry, my post wasn't meant to be directed at yourself but more of a general statement.

Totally agree with your sentiments by the way. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

I think there's always a bit of time for extra vitriol for Mel, after how he's left this club. 

When we are hoping he will write off his soft loans and donate PPS to aid the sale of the club, I don't think now is the time for any vitriol at all. And when we are hoping for a buyer to invest £60 million into the club, I don't think pouring vitriol on a past owner who has invested far more than that is a good idea either. 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

When we are hoping he will write off his soft loans and donate PPS to aid the sale of the club, I don't think now is the time for any vitriol at all. And when we are hoping for a buyer to invest £60 million into the club, I don't think pouring vitriol on a past owner who has invested far more than that is a good idea either. 

I get what you're saying but I honestly don't think him doing the right thing will be influenced by what we think of him.

If it does, we're screwed any way.

His legacy is mud if he does the right thing. He'll be hounded out of town if he refuses to on the basis that the fans were nasty after he dumped us into administration and ruled over the empire when the 21 point penalty was racked up.

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I get what you're saying but I honestly don't think him doing the right thing will be influenced by what we think of him.

If it does, we're screwed any way.

His legacy is mud if he does the right thing. He'll be hounded out of town if he refuses to on the basis that the fans were nasty after he dumped us into administration and ruled over the empire when the 21 point penalty was racked up.

The trouble is, given the admin team chose to accept the EFL's "deal", we will never know the reasons for going into admin. An independent review of what those reasons would have been helpful .   whether they were due to COVID or not (and a multi million pound hit is certainly a major factor). I dont think the EFL came out of the previous indpendent reviews well at all.

You are basing your vitriol on the supposition that he had the choice to bail us out, he has plenty of money in readies , you think.  But we don't know that, and now we never will know because perhaps with a view to a quick sale  and a clean slate the admin team chose to do a deal with EFL.

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Can we all just once and for all collectively declare our contempt for Mel and move on unless there is an actual development or something to discuss? It's getting a bit boring now. 

I could agree with the statement….. but considering this is the first Mel negative post I’ve made, I felt it was time to vent my frustration with him in writing.

If you were able to vent about Mel when it was fresh and trendy, then I tip my hat to you sir!

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The trouble is, given the admin team chose to accept the EFL's "deal", we will never know the reasons for going into admin. An independent review of what those reasons would have been helpful .   whether they were due to COVID or not (and a multi million pound hit is certainly a major factor). I dont think the EFL came out of the previous indpendent reviews well at all.

You are basing your vitriol on the supposition that he had the choice to bail us out, he has plenty of money in readies , you think.  But we don't know that, and now we never will know because perhaps with a view to a quick sale  and a clean slate the admin team chose to do a deal with EFL.

The alternative to gambling with his money was gambling with money he doesn't have?

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

The alternative to gambling with his money was gambling with money he doesn't have?

Not sure I get you.

I think his money was running out from around the start of 2019-20 season based on the Al Jazheera programme . He tried to sell the club, so that any "gambling" (or not) would be done by people with the money to do it.  

But what happened in 2019-20? Joinergate. The EFL action. And COVID. A perfect storm of events. Only with the EFL action could Mel Morris reasonably have any blame attached to and as one of the charges by EFL was virtually laughed out of court and the other was arguable at best, my belief is that the EFL were mainly to blame for that also.

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Not sure I get you.

I think his money was running out from around the start of 2019-20 season based on the Al Jazheera programme . He tried to sell the club, so that any "gambling" (or not) would be done by people with the money to do it.  

But what happened in 2019-20? Joinergate. The EFL action. And COVID. A perfect storm of events. Only with the EFL action could Mel Morris reasonably have any blame attached to and as one of the charges by EFL was virtually laughed out of court and the other was arguable at best, my belief is that the EFL were mainly to blame for that also.

I honestly don't care if Covid was or wasn't the catalyst that broke him. He gambled with money he didn't have, then Covid meant it wasn't coming so instead of digging deep to pay what he'd already committed to spending, he ran out leaving a big tab. Perfect storm or not, he gambled on future income that failed to materialise. What's the moral thing to do?

13 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I honestly don't care if Covid was or wasn't the catalyst that broke him. He gambled with money he didn't have, then Covid meant it wasn't coming so instead of digging deep to pay what he'd already committed to spending, he ran out leaving a big tab. Perfect storm or not, he gambled on future income that failed to materialise. What's the moral thing to do?

The moral thing to do would be to pay any remaining debts in full if he can. We don’t know whether he can or not . You are speculating.

gambling with money we don’t have is what everyone with a mortgage does. Are we all immoral?