Rams vs Swansea Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Still isolating in my bedroom awaiting my PCR result.

Window is wide open and I hear a toddler speaking away, whilst walking past, outside, with his mother telling him to hurry up. He says "What's black and blue?" .......his mother eventually begrudgingly mutters a "what?" and the toddler replies " a nana sahdwich" and I can only think who has beaten up his poor old grandma and stuck her between two slices of bread!..............his mother didn't laugh, but I did.

A future Rams fan I reckon, I wonder what he thinks about Swansea?

Don't see what Lawrence does to be captain and play every week, whereas Sibley and Joz always seem a poor performance away from the bench. 

Not convinced by Baldock so glad Stretton gets a run out.

Ìf you had described that team 18months ago I would have been sick on the spot, but its not far off as good as we can put out a the moment and we have been playing pretty well recently. 

2 minutes ago, California Ram. said:

One look at that bench underlines the miracles being performed with a tiny first team squad. No strikers, no centre backs. Really feel for Caishin, if it wasn’t for the EFL rules - surely he’d be involved. 

Caishin - or any other Derby development player for that matter - can be picked. It’s just that they would then be a player of professional standing.

I have to say I think that’s the least of our worries right now given we are in administration and outside of a transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Caishin - or any other Derby development player for that matter - can be picked. It’s just that they would then be a player of professional standing.

I have to say I think that’s the least of our worries right now given we are in administration and outside of a transfer window. 

Swings both ways. We can’t sell our best players for peanuts at the moment, which is a plus for the squad but not the accounts.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Roos on the bench, Festy on the bench. No Baldock. Jags still out.

We're getting stronger but I wish there was a way of putting Sibley in the team with Stretton as I think they link up well.

Would love it for Jack to get his first Pride Park goals today. Come on you Rams!

Re Stretton and Sibley: hopefully all we will have to do is wait for substitutions.

15 minutes ago, roboto said:

Would’ve been harsh to drop Allsop after his last game, but Roos has been great this season and should probably be back at first choice.

Perhaps the international break will be a chance for the coaches to assess the best xi based on results and performances so far.

WR has always been good to his word, if you perform you stay in the side 

Roos has started this season really well (1 goal aside) but Allsop surprised me mid week so look forward to seeing how he does today 

12 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

The EFL wants us under embargo for 2 years. We already risk losing Jagielka (and Baldock) in January as they take us to 25 players (ie 23 +2) because of the long-term injuries to CKR and Bielik. If we play Cashin we won't be allowed to extend Jagielka's contract.

I wouldn't say that's the least of our worries. It's exactly the sort of thing the manager has to think about and shows how insidious the EFL's position is, actively preventing young players coming through.

Edited by Carl Sagan