Rams vs Swansea Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

22 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Re Stretton and Sibley: hopefully all we will have to do is wait for substitutions.

I hope so but it was very disappointing Sibley didn't get on in the last game, when I felt we badly needed him as the team tired. Guess we'll soon see. I'd love both to get a brace in a 4-0 win to take us into the international break in style. I think our two most likely scorers.

58 minutes ago, California Ram. said:

One look at that bench underlines the miracles being performed with a tiny first team squad. No strikers, no centre backs. Really feel for Caishin, if it wasn’t for the EFL rules - surely he’d be involved. 

Mind you, the players on the bench can all be quality on their day. There’s no one on that bench that I’d be thinking ‘oh god, not him’ if they brought them on. I’d be interested in seeing how any one of them gets on and changes the game. 

8 hours ago, Yani P said:

Swansea easily better first 10 minutes, they are pressing high and first to every ball - currently we have no outlets and look half asleep..getting caught in possession time and time again...

Pressing high will suit our game-plan though, soak it up and counter

3 minutes ago, ramit said:

Pressing high will suit our game-plan though, soak it up and counter

yeah but at the moment we are way too casual and not getting on the ball - I was expecting swansea to dominate possession - I mean they did v Fulham and got well beat..we need to press them into mistakes at the back but we are not working hard enough to do that right now...still a very sleepy performance - 20 minutes only one team in it..at least its 0-0 and we have to improve surely..

7 hours ago, Yani P said:

yeah but at the moment we are way too casual and not getting on the ball - I was expecting swansea to dominate possession - I mean they did v Fulham and got well beat..we need to press them into mistakes at the back but we are not working hard enough to do that right now...still a very sleepy performance - 20 minutes only one team in it..at least its 0-0 and we have to improve surely..

Thanks for that info, you see what is going on on the field and i don't.  You are right, pressing is very important when playing the counter