We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

10 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Love the old songs, the john o hare one as well, they are probably to tame for fans today.

Singing is rife at football matches,even this last week at the Sparta Prague/Rangers match,thousands of school age children were singing at Kammara,it will never be stopped,unless they stop admitting fans,and no one wants that.A lot of this behaviour could be stopped by the parents.

Being a young gun on the popside in the sixties I loved the songs and camaraderie from that time especially when old Bighead started to get us going. I still sing them, to myself of course, even now.

We were in Division Two then,  of course, and one song particularly suited that time. It was sung to Nat King Cole's 'Daisy Bell',  I am sure many from that era remember it well.

'Daisy,  Daisy,  give us your answer do, 

We're half crazy oh for the love of you, 

It won't be a stylish marriage, we can't afford a carriage, 

But we'll look sweet upon the seat at the top of Division Two, Four, Six, Eight,

Who do we appreciate, 

D, E, R, B, Y,

Derby

followed by incessant clapping. 

God,  I must be getting old!

16 minutes ago, PendineRam said:

Being a young gun on the popside in the sixties I loved the songs and camaraderie from that time especially when old Bighead started to get us going. I still sing them, to myself of course, even now.

We were in Division Two then,  of course, and one song particularly suited that time. It was sung to Nat King Cole's 'Daisy Bell',  I am sure many from that era remember it well.

'Daisy,  Daisy,  give us your answer do, 

But we'll look sweet upon the seat at the top of Division Two, Four, Six, Eight,

Who do we appreciate, 

D, E, R, B, Y,

Derby

Same here??

Nah, don't care at all. 99% of it is ill-informed arse biscuits anyway. Those who wish us well and empathise with our situation get drowned out and the media would rather create divides than mend them. If folk want to opinion-chuck without so much as a rudimental grasp of the facts, let them, I couldn't care less ?‍♀️

5 hours ago, PendineRam said:

'Derby,  Derby,  give us your answer do, 

Who do we appreciate, 

D, E, R, B, Y,

Derby

On 02/10/2021 at 05:19, Ghost of Clough said:

I spoke to a complete randomer from Yorkshire the day after admin news hit. I think he said he supported Halifax or someone like that. First thing he said after I mentioned I was a Derby fan was "sad what's happening to your club". Kind of back up what you say.

The Sharp chant may have been based on something like this story.

Real world and social media are very different, there's a pub up here, landlord is a Leeds fan, son manages content on the Forest website.

Actually had a decent chat, even sympathetic. You scroll through the comments online from your Leeds and Forest fans, most are hidden behind LUFC4EVA type usernames and profile pics of club badges.

Can't let those get to you.

Any prospective owners must be seriously impressed with our fan base, the team spirit and the way that Wayne is conducting the proceedings. Taking over a team that is dispirited and s fan base that does not get behind the team would be very off-putting in my opinion. No doubt in my mind that we will stay up if we do not get the extra -9. When the going gets tough the Rams get going. COYR 

Edited by uttoxram75
spelling.

There is a deeply rooted problem across English football that it is somehow seen as acceptable to say and do certain things that wouldn't be remotely acceptable in other setting, because they're seen as part of the football fan experience. It's not just offensive chanting at matches, it's also large groups of men singing, chanting, shouting abuse and behaving in an intimidating way on trains and in town centres across the country every Saturday. 

It's not just "lads having a laugh at the football" - it's poor behaviour and its doesn't affect other sports in the same way.

15 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

There is a deeply rooted problem across English football that it is somehow seen as acceptable to say and do certain things that wouldn't be remotely acceptable in other setting, because they're seen as part of the football fan experience. It's not just offensive chanting at matches, it's also large groups of men singing, chanting, shouting abuse and behaving in an intimidating way on trains and in town centres across the country every Saturday. 

It's not just "lads having a laugh at the football" - it's poor behaviour and its doesn't affect other sports in the same way.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE