12 possible 21 not

24Charlie

Great game today. From my seat behind the goal in the North Stand I was treated to two goals.

The flight of Bird’s strike left the keeper rooted to the spot and in an effort to redeem himself he flew out and was then completely bamboozled by Curtis’s nod on.

From a physiological point of view a I think we can survive 12 but 21 is totally different.

12 gives us something to fight for and the players will dig in but if it’s 21 they’ll start thinking if it’s worth putting their bodies on the line for a lost cause.

I wonder how many is too much psychological speaking. 

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

Great game today. From my seat behind the goal in the North Stand I was treated to two goals.

The flight of Bird’s strike left the keeper rooted to the spot and in an effort to redeem himself he flew out and was then completely bamboozled by Curtis’s nod on.

From a physiological point of view a I think we can survive 12 but 21 is totally different.

12 gives us something to fight for and the players will dig in but if it’s 21 they’ll start thinking if it’s worth putting their bodies on the line for a lost cause.

It’s likely to be 21 I would think….

Call me deluded but I think if we can keep our players then we'll survive 12 points. I actually think we can do it. 21 points and yeah we'd need playoff form. Add in the psychological aspect and it just isn't going to happen realistically. But whatever happens, there's no point throwing the towel in. The season has just started. Anything is possible.

1 minute ago, 24Charlie said:

I think 12 is too many to survive  The psychological effect on the squad when we are rock bottom of the league is massive. Shef Wed a prime example last season, turned to poo straight after the points deducted

Just now, 1967RAMS said:

I think 12 is too many to survive  The psychological effect on the squad when we are rock bottom of the league is massive. Shef Wed a prime example last season, turned to poo straight after the points deducted

Sheffield Wednesday were crap anyway. Contrast that with Wigan who put in a valiant effort when they were deducted points. They lost just 1 in 15 games at the end of the season. They were so close, a win on the final day would have done it.

We already know we're going to be deducted 12 and we weren't poo today. Just don't look at the table. It's 45 to survive. 

We won’t survive 12. Sorry to burst any bubbles, but we just wont.

Our team isn’t good enough to get 60 points this season.

We’ll pick up unexpected points along the way, morale-boosting wins.

But we won’t score enough goals while we will have natural ruts in form too.

4 points from Stoke and WBA is excellent. But 2 points from Forest, Boro and Brum before that is poor.

We’ll have similar runs throughout the season.

Can’t fault the effort. But the quality isn’t there.

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

4 points from Stoke and WBA is excellent. But 2 points from Forest, Boro and Brum before that is poor.

Not listening tonight. 

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

You have as much idea as I have.  You could argue that this administration will galvanise the team even further.  

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Have you thought about a career as a motivational speaker?

17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I know you're being realistic and practical but after yesterday please can we just have one evening on cloud 9 before reality hits again

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I know you can’t get there because you live abroad but if you had been there today, you would have a different opinion.

Im absolutely convinced we can overturn -12, -21 would be a challenge. We’ll probably look like surviving and then the EFL will give us -9 in April!!