12 possible 21 not

24Charlie

14 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Great game today. From my seat behind the goal in the North Stand I was treated to two goals.

The flight of Bird’s strike left the keeper rooted to the spot and in an effort to redeem himself he flew out and was then completely bamboozled by Curtis’s nod on.

From a physiological point of view a I think we can survive 12 but 21 is totally different.

12 gives us something to fight for and the players will dig in but if it’s 21 they’ll start thinking if it’s worth putting their bodies on the line for a lost cause.

I wonder how many is too much psychological speaking. 

If wages aren’t paid add another 3 on too

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/Derby-county-points-deduction-championship-25018115

21 or 39 the rumoured points deduction keeps rising.

If its either the club should simply step outside the football tribunal realm.

Build a case and take the efl to the national courts. If Derby were to win, it would at the very least damage the efl reputation and the ruling would override a football tribunal.

Legally speaking what Derby did with the amortisation is not illegal, its just that the efl don't like it.

Why should that deserve a 12 point penalty let alone a 21 or 39 point penalty.

Nice reporting from the Star who obviously missed Stoke's goal! 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If the Percy tweet is true about the £26m HMRC debt

This could obviously be very significant. The club may reckon that notice of intention is what is needed to get HMRC properly to the table to resolve this claim. HMRC’s position not strong when dealing with football clubs because of the football creditor rules 

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

As unlikely as it may be, to put some actual numbers to it - here's the position in the last 5 seasons of the lowest team that collected 21+ points more than 22nd:

2020/21: 9th
2019/20: 7th
2018/19: 13th
2017/18: 11th
2016/17: 7th

So playoff points needed in a competitive year, top-half points minimum. 

Again, not likely - but not insurmountable. 

We are 12th at the moment so in with a fighting chance