Hull City vs Derby County Matchday Thread

RadioactiveWaste

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Shame Lawrence and Festy are injured and harsh on Stretton. I'll put that one down to managing him carefully to keep him injury free.

Big game for Sibley. Needs to have a good game if he's to stay in the team

I felt Stretton did enough to earn his start today as well. Hopefully he'll get a chance off the bench. 

14 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Buchanan, Sibley and Jagielka in the team will improve us. Very harsh on Stretton to not start and perhaps sends the wrong message but it's not surprising either. We will like do better with Baldock up front than CKR mind. Still feel like we won't solve the crux of the tactical issues until Shinnie is replaced.

It's not Shinnie that needs replacing. Morrison instead of Bird gives us more attacking threat, with Shinnie protecting the back four.

Line up looks good but harsh on Stretton. When goals are such an issue for us he deserved to keep the shirt having scored at the weekend. I do think it's the wrong message, and especially when Baldock never looked like scoring all preseason. Even when he was one-on-one with the keeper he turned round and tried (and failed) to pass.

But the balance looks better overall. I hope this is the start of a long run for Sibbo in the team, and the ref doesn't victimize him as two have already this season.  Both Byrne and Joz owe us strong performances. Let's see what they're made of.

Huddlestone on the bench for them.

Come on you Rams!

Edited by Carl Sagan

18 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Didn't really mean it but I'm pleased he isn't playing, personally hope we can get some money for him this window and play our young players instead rather than probably lose him ona free next summer whilst taking other players game time. 

Free’s a good price too!

I don't know what to make if the lineup other than I'm pleased about Sibley coming in.

Will be interested to see how the "new" boys go on especially baldock.

If agree that I would have liked to see stretton get a run but too .Amy games too easy may have had a detrimental effect on a young player too.

Let's see how we go and how Wayne both sets us up and how he manages the game tactically.

Does anyone else worry about the lack of physical presence in this team.

Dropping Forsyth basically leaves us with Davies and Jagielka to win anything coming in. If we concede set pieces, that’ll be a real killer for us tonight.

I also just struggle to see goals in this line up sadly.

I hope we scrape something out but this team on paper is not a good team. However - I also agree it’s all we have right now and that’s not the players fault, or Rooneys.