Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not sure why you're being defensive when all I did was highlight an error in your statement.

Also, as far as I can see you didn't actually say you were referring to the graph:

Quote: "Hull and Cardiff have basically both out stripped our PPG return over the last 6 games and pulled away from us"

Graph was in code Tamworth, I worked it out

17 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Next two Hull games are really interesting 

vs Barnsley tonight

vs Peterborough Saturday

Do you want them to win? If they lose both and us and Reading win then they can be dragged right into it

I dont think we want Barnsley or Posh getting any ambition. So ideal might be for Hull to draw against these two, and against Reading in April and for them otherwise to finish their season the way way we did last year 

On 20/02/2022 at 23:02, Ellafella said:

image.png.45a1bf7d01eb5af07f7c90be1848ea8d.png

Ok. Realistically, we don't think we can overtake anybody but Reading. So if we look at each side's remaining fixtures and assume that the previous, reverse fixture results pertain we see the above {very rough and ready spreadsheet}. Derby have the better record having drawn more (6 to 3) and lost fewer (5 to 9). Reading have conceded 25 to Derby's 14; Derby have scored 2 fewer (11 to 13). So, if the identical results apply in the remaining fixtures, we can see:

1. It will be very tight

2. Reading will get 9 points giving them 34 points and Derby will get 13 points giving us 34 points. 

On this basis alone, Derby would survive on GD. 

Of course, this won't happen like this but this gives a fair indication of just how tight it's going to be and that I believe it will go down to the final game.

Reading will have some sort of new manager bounce with PI and Derby's squad looks ultra thin given injuries and suspensions. Basically, I recommend that you don't try and give up anything that helps you get through the games from this point forward. 

There are other ways to try and "forecast" - this is just one way; all methods are only approximations. Madame Football is the only one who knows how this will go, and she ain't telling you! 

I hate to start a new argument (no I don’t), but Reading are 5 points ahead. So if they got 9 and we got 13, we’d be a point behind them still. 

44 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Next two Hull games are really interesting 

vs Barnsley tonight

vs Peterborough Saturday

Do you want them to win? If they lose both and us and Reading win then they can be dragged right into it

Hull are an interesting proposition. They are currently miles ahead of us, so I would discount them. However, if Reading manage to put a run together, we're going to need someone else to get dragged in and they seem like the most likely candidates. 

I think I would sooner see Hull dropping points as I would expect us to get more points that P'Boro and Barnsley over the course of the season, so a victory here and there for them shouldn't make much difference in the long run.

Ultimately, we have to keep winning and putting the pressure on. It's still a very tall order for us to escape...

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Interesting to listen to that interview. 

'You look at the players we've got, 1 win in 20, something can't be right'

'We've got a nice little gap at the moment but it's going to go to the wire'

The Ince experiment might seem a good idea: he won’t be expensive to hire or fire. And at the same time they’ll try to warm up an established relegation scrapper who can come in if Ince doesn’t work. 

But it could backfire. If Ince is indeed the wrong guy, the damage done to the points total and the dressing room might be too much for an old hand to repair. Just hoping that Ince is their last chance 

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The Ince experiment might seem a good idea: he won’t be expensive to hire or fire. And at the same time they’ll try to warm up an established relegation scrapper who can come in if Ince doesn’t work. 

But it could backfire. If Ince is indeed the wrong guy, the damage done to the points total and the dressing room might be too much for an old hand to repair. Just hoping that Ince is their last chance 

Sure I heard he's working for free to assist their maximum spend .  As suspected that's why the other guy wasn't sacked but 'resigned'.  With no payoff - till they give him some in 2 years when he comes back as the worlds best paid kit man.  The wonderful world of FFP.