Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

I think we all know what the most likely outcome is, but as a football fan there is nothing wrong with living through every moment of this relegation scrap and somewhat enjoying it for what it is.

Less of the ‘I know better’ patronising stuff is needed in here and in the administration thread imo.

Reading winning is far from ideal but at the end of the day our task is already hard. We have to match Reading’s results and win two more than them throughout the season, it’s still more than doable. If Reading win & we don’t then it makes our task even harder, so it’s really important we get a good result tomorrow night.

From our 14 remaining games, how many points do people anticipate us to get & what do you think we need?

Millwall - H - 3

Luton - A - 1 

Cardiff - A - 1

Barnsley - H - 3

Bournemouth - A - 0

Blackburn - A - 0

Coventry - H - 3

Preston - H - 3

Swansea - A - 1

Fulham - H - 0

QPR - A - 0

Bristol C - H - 3

Blackpool - A - 1

Cardiff - H - 3

22pts max imo which I reckon would be enough

Edited by DCFC1388

13 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Eh?

If we match the results of Peterborough Reading and Hull and Peterborough win their game in hand we finish 2nd bottom. 

It’s not in our hands. Although the likelihood is and the form book would say we are more likely to pick up points than all three of those teams….with the possible exception of Reading going on the last four days!!

You totally misunderstand what I've put. If we win all of our remaining games we'll be on 63 points which will be more than enough to survive relegation. Who the team's are below us in that scenario are an irrelevance. 

On paper Reading have easier games to play than Derby and Hull, but football is not played on paper. If you gave Reading their 6 point deduction back they would only be a point above Hull City. We would be 15th in the table if our points deduction was wiped off. What I'm getting at is we have better form over the season so far over Reading and others. We now need to improve our seasons form to a slightly better level and hope a few teams above us freefall.

Admittedly there is only 14 games left, but thats 42 points up for grabs compared with Reading's 39 and Hull's 36 points to play for. I still think we should be aiming for 42 points which equates to 6 wins 3 draws and 5 defeats.