Respect Waz

jimbobram

7 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Let's not forget what we achieved WITH Rooney when he had a fully fit squad last season, we pulled away for BOTTOM, didn't concede in 5 games. Then we lost important players to injury.

Like what happened that season with Mac when we had injuries to important players and missed out on the playoffs, did we call his managerial credentials into question when we failed to gain promotion with an ex England manager in charge? No, so why isn't Rooney afforded the same?.

What we achieved WITH Rooney last year was a 21st place finish and our worst ever home record outside the top tier.

I'm not sure your McClaren example supports your argument given that, yes his managerial credentials were called into question by many of our fans during that run in, and he was sacked shortly afterwards.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

I'm not sure your McClaren example supports your argument given that, yes his managerial credentials were called into question by many of our fans during that run in, and he was sacked shortly afterwards.

After he'd taken us to safety and been promised the players needed for the squad, Mel sacked him for Rowett. Your counter proves the point. Maybe if Mel hadn't have sacked Mac2 but let him rebuild the squad after dragging them to safety things might have been different!

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

After he'd taken us to safety and been promised the players needed for the squad, Mel sacked him for Rowett. Your counter proves the point. Maybe if Mel hadn't have sacked Mac2 but let him rebuild the squad after dragging them to safety things might have been different!

The poster wasn't talking about Mac2. They were talking about Mac1 season 2, 8th place finish 

Just now, Anon said:

The poster wasn't talking about Mac2. They were talking about Mac1 season 2, 8th place finish 

Well injuries then, they both had them occur to important players.

TBH I've lost track of the point and don't really G.A.D.

These last few weeks especially Wayne has gone up in my estimation hugely.

I’ve been so impressed with his attitude and his calmness when being faced with an incredibly difficult situation.

He has personally significantly helped our situation by providing an air of,and promise of,stability at a time when the club is being buffeted from all angles. Having managerial issues at present would be just awful for everyone and wayne has removed that risk

To me he is coming across incredibly well in his media work and has effectively taken on the whole of the club’s communications onto his own shoulders.

Well done to Wayne and it seems like most people are feeling that way given the reception he is getting at matches.

I really, really wish, though, that those fans who sing that appallingly infantile and frankly insulting song about him would stop. Can you imagine how his wife and children feel when they hear it ? It is grossly offensive.

15 minutes ago, Bianoic said:

These last few weeks especially Wayne has gone up in my estimation hugely.

I’ve been so impressed with his attitude and his calmness when being faced with an incredibly difficult situation.

He has personally significantly helped our situation by providing an air of,and promise of,stability at a time when the club is being buffeted from all angles. Having managerial issues at present would be just awful for everyone and wayne has removed that risk

To me he is coming across incredibly well in his media work and has effectively taken on the whole of the club’s communications onto his own shoulders.

Well done to Wayne and it seems like most people are feeling that way given the reception he is getting at matches.

I really, really wish, though, that those fans who sing that appallingly infantile and frankly insulting song about him would stop. Can you imagine how his wife and children feel when they hear it ? It is grossly offensive.

Perhaps if Wayne was able to contain himself over the years then there wouldn't be any of these chants.

He needs to keep himself out bother and then they might disappear.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Perhaps if Wayne was able to contain himself over the years then there wouldn't be any of these chants.

He needs to keep himself out bother and then they might disappear.

Sure, fair comment

i just think that that song cant help build or improve his relationship with the fans or the club and so is not really in anyone’s interests,  as well as being grossly offensive to his family and other people like me.

On 11/08/2021 at 23:04, mwram1973 said:

I would like to know where those who are calling for a more "experienced" manager expect us to be if we actually did sack Rooney for one of these managers?.

With a squad full of kids and freebies on 4k a week and a 35 year old striker who isn't actually that good. Where do we actually think we could finish?. 

The point being made, is that we probably should have appointed a sensible and experienced manager after the departure of Cocu. Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing, but actually Rooney shouldn't have been anywhere near the managers job. It's pretty clear that it was a financial decision from the fallout of the ridiculous decision to sign him as a player. Not sure if anyone is actually expecting Wazza to be sacked. The clubs finances are such that it's just not an option. 

Edited by europia

On 11/08/2021 at 22:04, mwram1973 said:

Were not going get top half, hell we'll be lucky to survive but you cannot be calling for his head yet as he still hasn't had the players he wants.

we have no idea what our squad will be at the end of the window.  Nor whether we will have a points deduction. Nor what FFP headroom we will have once the accounts are or are not agreed with the EFl. Nor whether we will be taken over soon. Nor what the Jan transfer window holds. And we don’t really know when Bielik is likely to be back  

So it’s just not possible to make these predictions 

game by game, that’s the way   We will flatten posh 

12 hours ago, europia said:

Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing, but actually Rooney shouldn't have been anywhere near the managers job.

Still hoping Rooney has been improved by last season’s experience - there are some positive signs. But your post reminded me: don’t think Rooney would have been appointed without BZI approval.  Thank you Mr Samuelson !

24 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Still hoping Rooney has been improved by last season’s experience - there are some positive signs. But your post reminded me: don’t think Rooney would have been appointed without BZI approval.  Thank you Mr Samuelson !

Well Mel's done such a good job that he thought he'd let someone else have a go! ?