Respect Waz

jimbobram

Just now, Rosythram said:

I’ll leave it to you to convince our present owner of why he should, facts are he won’t!

So now what?

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Because both managed to get us into the playoffs,they have the best win ratios of our managers in years,we played excellent attractive football under both,both are excellent coaches and they are already employed by the club.

Just those few things really.

I would so much prefer realistic choices than La La land

1 minute ago, WilkoRam said:

Just curious

A) who anyone thinks would take the job under the current circumstances?

B) how many mangers we need to sack before people start to think the issue might be elsewhere?

Impossible to answer really. 

Schteve would surely take it..if not get rid of him too because he's not doing much good in his current role!

Plenty of decent managers available, just depends if the books go in and are signed off and whether there is any money to bring in a striker. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Impossible to answer really. 

Schteve would surely take it..if not get rid of him too because he's not doing much good in his current role!

Plenty of decent managers available, just depends if the books go in and are signed off and whether there is any money to bring in a striker. 

I’m hoping the books are already in

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Rev said:

He's beginning to earn my respect.

He's been pitched into an absolute shitshow of a club, and although I think that was always his intention (to take control), the way he's gone about his business in circumstances he couldn't have envisaged is noteworthy.

Yeah agreed. Like most people I wasn't his biggest fan at the end of last season but he's worked tirelessly to make the best of the situation he is in.

I was quite critical on how he was setting us up at the back end of last season, away at Cardiff and Coventry come to mind as not being to my liking but he seems to be true to his word after saying we would see a different style this season.

You can tell the difference in the match day threads, they are much more pleasant to be involved in. And as for the Peterborough defeat, while some questioned some substitutions (I didn’t see the game so can’t comment) the individual mistakes that cost us that game are not on Rooney for me. You can’t legislate for such basic eff ups.

I take on board those comments that say he’s only sticking around because he wouldn’t get offers elsewhere, I won’t get drawn into that but what I do admire is that it appears to me he’s being lied to repeatedly but he just gets on with things with little complaint.

If he gets us to finish higher than Bristol City he might become my personal messiah.