v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Most of these lads are third or fourth choice remember folks 

Forsyth, Watson and Joswiak were all first choice last match. Morrison would have been if he had signed in time. Stretton has one 35 year old player ahead of him. Sibley and Ebosele are borderline starters or second choice and Allsop is second choice after Roos now for some reason.

The squad is paper thin - lets not pretend these players are a million miles from our starting 11. A strong breeze blowing through the training camp would injure enough players to bring most of this squad into first team action every week.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

West stand full of absolute clowns groaning and whinging about everything. South stand sounding good again. 

seriously though these in west stand are woeful ‘supporters’. 

thought we’d give it a go here as a cup game but straight back to south stand for the next match. 

I was in there at the weekend and didn't really hear any moans or dissent tbf although would have been interesting if we had done 2-0 down with about 20 minutes gone how quickly things would have changed......

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Stop getting your knickers in a twist. We’ve got bigger things to worry about than this meaningless game. 

Of course we do but, if nothing else, there is an element of pride at stake. I wouldn’t be too bothered if we lost on penalties or even 1:0 in normal time but we shouldn’t be so outclassed by a league 2 team. We could quite easily be 3:0 down with no meaningful attempt on goal by us.

2 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

I can’t imagine how Morris feels right now knowing he’s made the club that he supports and loves into what it is. 

I hope he feels downright awful, and he should. Instead of trying to run a club like on football manager, he should have hired someone who knows what he is doing (i.e Victor Orta at Leeds). Mel deserves no sympathy and all the flak he receives.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

So why are they playing? Should be our starting 11 who had no preseason and need time together..

Yes apart from the fact that we need to look after the older ones like Davies who just played his first game in nine months on Saturday and Morrison needs a game as does sibley - Buchanan would be playing and Mac Donald if fit 

Morrison, Sibley, Joz missing in action (at least Joz looks like he cares). Hutchinson, Brown struggling at this level. Forsyth never a centre back. Stretton lightweight. Allsop... did that. 

Ebosele looks good though. Watson's at least trying to play with his head up. 

Pitch looks alright.

I do feel some of our fans struggle to really grasp the terrible position we are in..I mean what else can Rooney do bar throw out any team for this game as it means nothing..we struggle right now to put a competitive team out for a league game let alone the Rats Clackers Cup..but hey just dig at the manager..dig at the inexperienced lads thrown out there.. like I've said before all we can hope for is we get bought soon and we can get back to watching a well supported team on and off the pitch..