v Salford (H) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, Jase116 said:

Actually think we have done ok, Salford are no mugs, and you can tell our young lads aren't used to the physicality of proper league football.

You can see why Rooney wants more experienced heads in, the youngsters can all play a part, but need a good mix of experience with them unlike tonight 

Spot on don’t mind 2 or 3 or even 4 academy lads if they have experience with them 

Been much better since Morrison and Hutch swapped, my first games for about three years and despite the score, enjoying it 

Ebosele is stood in acres all the time but we seem unable to see him, or get the ball to him...

Tbf a 17, 18 and 19 yr old at the back is it? Against there league 2 smashers, we aren't gonna win much in the air.... 

Id bring Bird on for Watson but give the rest ten mins or so 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Pathetic first 20 mins been much better last 5/10 mins shame half time came at the wrong time! Think it shows that if Mel did get his way of having 5/6 kids in the line up we’d be down comfortably! They’re good talents just far from ready 

It's so difficult to tell though. The young lads are much better than they've shown tonight. Sure there's been some naive stuff but I've never seen them so bad on the ball. 

We need some physical presence to back them up. 

Bird and Shinnie on would allow Morrison license to go forward. 

2 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Darren Bent is commentating, do you think we could sign him up quickly? 1 year contract and on for the second half ?

Flash back a few years and I couldn't wait for him to be gone, needed better ?

Yeah, if you want the World record for being offside the most in 45 mins to be under threat. 

19 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

See this is interesting to me because usually that's not how you'd see Watson getting described. I'm not watching tonight but if as it sounds like Watson is playing as one of the two DMs then what's curious is he isn't the first to be put in that position and be accused of what you've mentioned. I do wonder if the 4231 is artificially restrictive in this regard.

Funnily enough, I would say Watson's been guilty of trying to force too many passes which aren't on.