What time is Rooneys press conference

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've had them and we're still in the Championship.

Give Rooney a chance. #COYR

Unfortunately I don't have a choice and he had a chance to perform last season so technically this is his second chance!

Let's hope he does better this time around and I'm personally judging him entirely on that,this season,never mind his off field nonsense or glittering playing career,it doesn't matter to me.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cut adrift ? 2 points from safety with 35 games left….

jimbo we all know you don't like Rooney but don't you think its time to stop and think and get behind our club . we all know were in a crises . and we will recover i remember when clough and Taylor went . we all thought and feared worse but big Dave came along. things will get better the supporters can help. by supporting not by ripping us apart.

20 minutes ago, islandram said:

jimbo we all know you don't like Rooney but don't you think its time to stop and think and get behind our club . we all know were in a crises . and we will recover i remember when clough and Taylor went . we all thought and feared worse but big Dave came along. things will get better the supporters can help. by supporting not by ripping us apart.

I am 100% behind the team just like I am sure you are. Just correcting a clear inaccuracy. I am sure you agree that 2 points behind the fourth placed team with 35 games is not adrift, agreed? 

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Rooney has said today that he still wants to sign Jagielka, Morrison, Baldock and Aluko.

Just seen Aluko's interview with Ipswich and he signed for them yesterday.

Is he lying then about wanting these to keep the fans happy? Why would he say that ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Is he lying then about wanting these to keep the fans happy? Why would he say that ?‍♂️

I don't know. It could be he's just reeled them off and not realised. Or he didn't want to say anything before Aluko to Ipswich had been announced. Although he could have said that Aluko is on his way to another club.

Screenshot_20210806_222555.thumb.jpg.de982bd27752987980be40ae66201df2.jpg

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Rooney has said today that he still wants to sign Jagielka, Morrison, Baldock and Aluko.

Just seen Aluko's interview with Ipswich and he signed for them yesterday.

It's really piss poor I mean Ipswich get Aluko and Ed Sheeran and we can't even get a second rate session guitarist. 

Totally unacceptable.

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I don't know. It could be he's just reeled them off and not realised. Or he didn't want to say anything before Aluko to Ipswich had been announced. Although he could have said that Aluko is on his way to another club.

Screenshot_20210806_222555.thumb.jpg.de982bd27752987980be40ae66201df2.jpg

Hmm, won't be surprised if we see none of them then 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I am seriously concerned that he hasn't grasped quite what a state we are in....there's optimism and there is blind belief.

If we have no belief in beating Huddersfield, the weakest side in the league over the 2nd half of last season (18 points in 23 games) then we may as well give up now.

Some will probably point to former Huddersfield CB, Stearman. However, he played less than 200 minutes from December onwards, picking up 10 of those 18 points from the games he played in.

The only team worse than them was Mr Pop's Bristol (15 points from 23 games)

Edited by Ghost of Clough

7 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, I watched the video of his press conference.

He's very certain we need more players. He is also certain that we have very good players and we are not underdogs.

He's never been a natural at the madia side has he. Still, if we win a few games and team start believing that's what really matters.

He's not no.

But I watched that press conference back and I thought he came across brilliantly.

He's handled it superbly.

He's not moaned, he's back his players to the hilt, praised them for working so hard, refused to call them underdogs, turned questions that had no relevance to us into humour, stated how happy he us, refused to offer any excuses. 

But all the time saying we need more players. It's a constant message.

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If we have no belief in beating Huddersfield, the weakest side in the league over the 2nd half of last season (18 points in 23 games) then we may as well give up now.

Some will probably point to former Huddersfield CB, Stearman. However, he played less than 200 minutes from December onwards, picking up 10 of those 18 points from the games he played in.

So he played very few minutes and in those games they won points? That's a good thing right?

34 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So he played very few minutes and in those games they won points? That's a good thing right?

Alternatively they were that bad defensively (worst in the league) with old man Keogh and his knackered knee and yet they still didn't trust him to help improve the situation.

That post also makes it look like the reason they picked up the points was because he played, but it could be completely incidental.

I mean, are you really going to credit him for the points they picked up against Swansea, Cardiff, QPR & Sheff Weds below? It's a great example of statistics being used to paint a far more impressive picture than reality.

Screenshot_2021-08-07-09-04-01-790_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.c37f37b0bdd406ab822d5ae22e19279a.png

To be fair, attributing their shockingly poor defence solely to his presence could also be entirely coincidental, but I don't think I was doing that. 

However, in his 26 appearances they conceded 43 of their 71 goals against for the season - how many of those goals were conceded with him actually on the pitch would need further analysis - and his last competitive appearance was 45 minutes in which they conceded 5 goals.

Edited by Coconut