The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

14 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

So that's it? Someone uses an exaggerated example to highlight why it's ridiculous to say people shouldn't criticise (on a Forum no less) the people who are involved in leading us to this point, but you can just dismiss it because of Godwin's Law?

I'm no expert, but based on what I read about the club, what other people on this forum say, what the man himself has said on Radio Derby, let me be clear that in my personal opinion, Stephen Pearce is as much of a disgrace as Mel Morris.

But opinions can be changed. I could be wrong so feel free to present me something that suggests he's not a disgrace instead of trying to be a smartarse with links to wikipedia and I'd be happy to say I was wrong (as I was supporting Mel Morris for 5 and a half of the last 6 years)

It does seem that the responsibility to say "this would breach our obligations under FFP, if we do this we'll have to make sales pronto to comply or accept penalties" instead of "ok, you've told us to make it happen so we'll find a way to make it happen" lies with Pearce.

43 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd refer you back to page 1 (I know it's been a long time since then)

Coles suggested that we've pre-submitted the accounts to the EFL for them to check them over before the 'officially' submit them - Top ensure that when they are submitted there's no chance of the EFL rejecting them for any reason

It's a sensible approach (I think) after the previous troubles - But leaves us at the mercy of the EFL taking their sweet time to approve them

Just a thought - Anyone think the EFL are manufacturing a points deduction here? If they wait until we've lost our first 2/3 games before allowing us to sign players it's almost as effective as a points deduction...

I've always thought that.

I suspect the club thinks that too but are unable to say so because that would make things worse.

We will hear all about it one day, but not before the EFL have had their 'pound of flesh'. 

I find it interesting that this comment has been made in respect of Mel Morris rather than the EFL on several occasions.

We will see.

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It does seem that the responsibility to say "this would breach our obligations under FFP, if we do this we'll have to make sales pronto to comply or accept penalties" instead of "ok, you've told us to make it happen so we'll find a way to make it happen" lies with Pearce.

Exactly! "He was doing what he was told" is a silly argument.

I kind of wish I hadn't used Himler doing as he was told in my attempt to highlight just how silly it was though

17 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

So that's it? Someone uses an exaggerated example to highlight why it's ridiculous to say people shouldn't criticise (on a Forum no less) the people who are involved in leading us to this point, but you can just dismiss it because of Godwin's Law?

I'm no expert, but based on what I read about the club, what other people on this forum say, what the man himself has said on Radio Derby, let me be clear that in my personal opinion, Stephen Pearce is as much of a disgrace as Mel Morris.

But opinions can be changed. I could be wrong so feel free to present me something that suggests he's not a disgrace instead of trying to be a smartarse with links to wikipedia and I'd be happy to say I was wrong (as I was supporting Mel Morris for 5 and a half of the last 6 years)

The point isn't whether he is a disgrace or not, it's that we're not in a position to actually know.  We have no idea what advice he's been giving Mel, what decisions he's made himself, what decisions have been made against his advice and so on. I'm not saying don't criticise (hell I've been very critical of the lot of them on here), I'm just saying there's no point singling out individual members of a group when the only info we have is decisions that have been made collectively by that group.  

We do know that the actual accountancy decisions (amortisation, stadium sale etc) have either been signed off by the EFL (the stadium), or are so debatable (amortisation) that every independent accountant that's looked at them (including the on on the disciplinary commission) thought they were fine.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The point isn't whether he is a disgrace or not, it's that we're not in a position to actually know.  We have no idea what advice he's been giving Mel, what decisions he's made himself, what decisions have been made against his advice and so on. I'm not saying don't criticise (hell I've been very critical of the lot of them on here), I'm just saying there's no point singling out individual members of a group when the only info we have is decisions that have been made collectively by that group.  

We do know that the actual accountancy decisions (amortisation, stadium sale etc) have either been signed off by the EFL (the stadium), or are so debatable (amortisation) that every independent accountant that's looked at them (including the on on the disciplinary commission) thought they were fine.

I don't claim to know. I just think it!

Like I say, might be wrong at which point I'll accept it.

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I believe so...but you are just speculating and working yourself up over nothing. There is still more than a day til the season starts, and I am sure the club will keep us well informed of things...... 

What's really hilarious is last night the manager of my son's team was mithering all parents and saying the deadline for registering players is 15th Aug because he needs to know if he needs to recruit new players for when the season starts.... in mid September! An under 12s manager is way more organised than Derby! 

pretty sure we've got to sign players by midday today if they want to be able to play tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I'd refer you back to page 1 (I know it's been a long time since then)

Coles suggested that we've pre-submitted the accounts to the EFL for them to check them over before the 'officially' submit them - Top ensure that when they are submitted there's no chance of the EFL rejecting them for any reason

It's a sensible approach (I think) after the previous troubles - But leaves us at the mercy of the EFL taking their sweet time to approve them

Just a thought - Anyone think the EFL are manufacturing a points deduction here? If they wait until we've lost our first 2/3 games before allowing us to sign players it's almost as effective as a points deduction...

Good post, it would be prudent to do this and goes with the 'getting on better with the EFL' message.  The EFL has an issue with us long with a few of the Championship clubs so will want to sure the accounts are as clean as a whistle. This might not be fair but we have brought a lot of this on ourselves  

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

do you think if we can’t sign anyone after Huddersfield Rooney might walk? ?

I keep seeing people asking this...

Don't you think he would have walked weeks ago if that was something he was going to do? I don't see how not being able to sign a bunch of trialists really changes that much. We shouldn't be signing half of them anyway (Allsop, Stearman, Aluko, Baldock).

For whatever reason, Rooney appears to be sticking this out.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I keep seeing people asking this...

Don't you think he would have walked weeks ago if that was something he was going to do? I don't see how not being able to sign a bunch of trialists really changes that much. We shouldn't be signing half of them anyway (Allsop, Stearman, Aluko, Baldock).

It's win win for Rooney really. If he flops here no-one will blame him because of the mess of the club and if he does alright then he's a genius because again the club is in a mess. Plus, as it's the start of the season it'll likely be a little bit before he can get another job. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I suspect he thinks he's got a bit of a free pass in terms of his reputation. If we struggle, any other club thinking about giving him a job in the future is just going to write this season off as an impossible task and not blame him for it.  And if we do well, he looks like a genius.  So while he's still getting paid, I'm not sure what the incentive for him to walk actually is.

1 hour ago, EraniosSocks said:

Finally today we are going to the hospital so my partner can be induced and give birth to our Son (in the next hour) So I won't look at this till later on but hoping for some good news and that our new little ram brings us some luck! 

COYR 

Best wishes - some things are more important that a poxy football club.

My son was all of 30 minutes old when he was registered as a member of the Derby County Supporters Club - it was the third call I made following the birth (after her mum and my mum).

Mind you, that was in the days when fax machines and telephones worked, even in the football league headquarters.

We seem to have a very good idea of what was said in the meeting. Whether we make signings is the pressing issue.

Mel is trying to sort various issues with EFL that nobody has full knowledge of as yet.

Mel is trying to coax a buyer to buy the Club. 

Wayne is trying to sign 8 or 9 players 

We play HTFC tomorrow.

That is about it.

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We seem to have a very good idea of what was said in the meeting. Whether we make signings is the pressing issue.

Mel is trying to sort various issues with EFL that nobody has full knowledge of as yet.

Mel is trying to coax a buyer to buy the Club. 

Wayne is trying to sign 8 or 9 players 

We play HTFC tomorrow.

That is about it.

But we knew all this before the meeting didn’t we? 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's win win for Rooney really. If he flops here no-one will blame him because of the mess of the club and if he does alright then he's a genius because again the club is in a mess. Plus, as it's the start of the season it'll likely be a little bit before he can get another job. 

Hmm...maybe. I think regardless of our situation though, his management is going to be scrutinised. The new season hasn't even started yet and there are already eyebrows being raised at some of his decisions (Lawrence captaincy, drunken escapades, choice of signings). 

I'm still of the belief that he is not a good football manager, so ultimately feel that this will come to the surface no matter how good/bad our squad is. But we will see. 

I certainly wouldn't blame him if he walked. Nor would I regret it. 

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I suspect he thinks he's got a bit of a free pass in terms of his reputation. If we struggle, any other club thinking about giving him a job in the future is just going to write this season off as an impossible task and not blame him for it.  And if we do well, he looks like a genius.  So while he's still getting paid, I'm not sure what the incentive for him to walk actually is.

Again - if he is the manager that relegates Derby County to the third tier, I'm not sure even all those Manchester United goals will get him another job at a club as big as us in a hurry.

But at least he can have a fun time at Soccer Aid. 

13 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Exactly. He’s just proving to prospective employers he’s not a quitter. He’s trying his best with cards dealt.