The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

I agree with Mel’s academy comments and although I appreciate I’m in the minority I would rather watch Cashin develop than Wisdom make his customary howlers, see Bird kick on rather than have another Butterfield at 4m and give Ebosele a go instead of Anya at a combined cost of approaching 10m (fees and wages).

Just on this from my post just... i do agree that the youngsters are better than Butterfields at 4 million and Anya etc.

But that is more down to awful awful signings year after year. The amount we've overspent on players is mind blowing.

I'd rather have signed players for the right amounts in the right areas (with of the pitch (with experience) to help bring 2/3 youngsters in a year and take that pressure off. Not just chuck them all in as MM would seemingly want! 

Not much choice this season though!!

15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If he said it, it's then dependent upon the context of the quote and how he said it, it could easily be construed as a veiled threat. 

He didn’t say it. He said (according to Jim Wheeler) that if we lose a few games at start of the season and we see protests and placards saying Mel out etc then it might put off prospective investors. Any protests won’t serve any purpose because Mel himself wants out and has been trying to get out for 2 years. 

18 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He is threatening to walk away and leave the club in an even bigger mess than the one he has already put it in, if people sing negative or derogatory chants about him…

Seriously? 

Indeed it’s pathetic.  And anyone interested in buying the club could actually feel that they would be hailed as saviours or heroes for ousting someone so unpopular. 

I think Mels interpretation is flawed and feels a little vain and slightly immature. 

Hopefully as more details emerge we will have greater clarity.  As a measure that was designed to reach out to the supporter base during difficult times it has been pretty poor. 

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'd agree with this and say Mel is wrong too. If his analysis was correct no-one ever would have bought Sunderland, Newcastle, Leeds or us in the past... Pretty sure most ownership groups are aware that keeping the fans onside is an important part of managing the club. Maybe this is just his way of saying he doesn't want to hear it in the ground as the fan base seems to have lost all patience and tensions are running high. I think the bigger danger is the gates becoming so low we become a less attractive proposition for potential buyers. 

Agree with all of this - but I do again think on the last part the same logic can be applied. Any investor who has done their research can see in the last 20 years when Derby ‘does well’ the attendances shoot up and you can fill the stadium or near to if the fans have a club to be proud of (and the prices aren’t too ridiculously high). I think any new investors core aims would of course to be successful on the pitch but to get those fans back in (the two largely go hand in hand) I remember it was something stevie Mac said when he first arrived, that he wanted to get the stadium full again because he knew the support is there. Any takeover should give renewed optimism and you’d imagine the attendances would bounce back up a little. Then it’s up to the team to get the rest back in - because no one likes to see a half full pride park. 

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He didn’t say it. He said (according to Jim Wheeler) that if we lose a few games at start of the season and we see protests and placards saying Mel out etc then it might put off prospective investors. Any protests won’t serve any purpose because Mel himself wants out and has been trying to get out for 2 years. 

Exactly. He also said he would join the protest with his own Mel out sign. You’ve got to admire his sense of humour, considering the situation.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

There are two different versions going round from what I can tell. One by email and one via the radio Derby interview. As you weren't there you can't say he didn't say it which is precisely why I caveated my post with 'if he did say it' 

1 minute ago, RIMBAUD said:

Indeed it’s pathetic.  And anyone interested in buying the club could actually feel that they would be hailed as saviours or heroes for ousting someone so unpopular. 

I think Mels interpretation is flawed and feels a little vain and slightly immature. 

Hopefully as more details emerge we will have greater clarity.  As a measure that was designed to reach out to the supporter base during difficult times it has been pretty poor. 

That’s not what was said if you listen to the interview. Mel Said if the season starts badly and the placards etc come out saying Mel to go he could understand that and would agree because he has been trying to for 2 years. Said if it got toxic though could put off potential buyers. 
No where has it been said Mel would walk away think that is a wrong interpretation. Chinese whisperers etc , in hindsight minutes would have been good to avoid confusion 

26 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Not what was said if you listen to the interview. Said bad protests might cause prospective new owners to walk away . 

...which is an absolute load of poo and an obvious diversion tactic.

If the current takeover bids collapse it'll be duck all to do with anything the supporter's say or do. Talk about getting your excuses in early.

The only thing the prospective new owners will be put off by is the current state of the club, the amount of poo they'll have to take on board and the amount of money they'll have to pay for the privilege.

Absolutely ducking pathetic trying to place any of it in the fans - what next, the fake sheikh read the threads about him on here so decided he could be be arsed after all? Our fault for for being negative, not Mel's fault for falling hook line and sinker for a con artist who rather alarmingly he still refuses to believe was a time wasting shyster.

Edited by Coconut

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

There are two different versions going round from what I can tell. One by email and one via the radio Derby interview. As you weren't there you can't say he didn't say it which is precisely why I caveated my post with 'if he did say it' 

I think if he was going to walk away and put us into administration he’d have done it already 

Just now, Coconut said:

...which is an absolute load of poo and an obvious diversion tactic.

If the current takeover bids collapse it'll be duck all to do with anything the supporter's say or do. Talk about getting your excuses in early.

The only thing the prospective new owners will be put off by is the current state of the club, the amount of poo they'll have to take on board and the amount of money they'll have to pay for the privilege.

Absolutely ducking pathetic trying to place any of it in the fans - what next, the fake sheikh read the threads about him on here so decided he could be be arsed after all? Our fault for for being negative, not Mel's fault for falling hook line and sinker for a con artist shyster.

Have you listened to the interview ? Think you need to because it’s not the context. See last post I did. 

2 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Have you listened to the interview ? Think you need to because it’s not the context. See last post I did. 

There's a tweet somewhere on these threads that is from Jim Wheeler (I think it was) that says exactly what that quote with 'Mels threat' in it said. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's a tweet somewhere on these threads that is from Jim Wheeler (I think it was) that says exactly what that quote with 'Mels threat' in it said. 

Not how I interpreted it @RoyMac5 as I have said think now minutes should have come out to avoid all the Chinese whispers etc listening to the interview Mel was on about putting off potential investors not him walking away. He was saying he could understand protests and would agree with them 

Edited by Reggie Greenwood
Added a bit for context

"That's not what was said in the interview"

"Well the email said this"

"This tweet says this..."

This is the problem here. Total chaos. The club have let a load of fans, untrained in comms and PR, to just interpret and share what they heard using any old vernacular. The mixed messages (even via Rams Trust alone!) are causing complete chaos. Add that to the fact not everyone has access to every media outlet - fans aren't getting the full message, let alone the right message! The club would have done much better to release the minutes or a single agreed statement of what was discussed.

I don't envy David at the moment! What he shares will add another interpretation into the mix. Big, and unnecessary responsibility.