No signings

Topram

Rooney basically said even with the relaxed EFL embargo, it wouldn’t be possible to bring any players in as certain restrictions still remain. Though he wouldn’t discuss what exactly. Again stressed that he needs help from both inside and, if possible, outside the club.

This was from Rooneys press conference after after the game, suggest none of the players want a 1 year contract on 11k a week… 

could mean that in 2 weeks we go into the opening game with a very poor side

Edited by Topram

Just now, Topram said:

Rooney basically said even with the relaxed EFL embargo, it wouldn’t be possible to bring any players in as certain restrictions still remain. Though he wouldn’t discuss what exactly. Again stressed that he needs help from both inside and, if possible, outside the club.

This was from Rooneys press conference after after the game, suggest none of the players want a 1 year contract on 11k a week… 

Then those free agent players need to move on to someone who will give them more than £11,000 per week 

Why is Rooney still here? Seriously. What does he gain from being manager of this club as his first job?

He doesn't need the money, he's here to better himself as a manager and progress that chapter of his career. That simply won't be happening with the current squad we have. No manager would be able to do a job with a squad so bare.

If things don't change soon, and let's be honest it doesn't look overly promising that it will, then I don't see many reasons for himself wanting to stay here.

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

We’d have a very poor side even WITH all the trialists signed. What a mess.

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Or Mel won't pay any more out. We need to sell?

Marshall 

Byrne   Davies Jagielka Buchanan   

Shinnie 

Morrison. Sibley 

Jozwiak.     Richards.   Lawrence 

as things stand with knight out for 3 months I think that’s about as good as we are and competitive if not rather sensitive - sure the three out of contracts need to sign up but we are where we are. ( we need a goal scorer desperately) 

4 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

If this is the case, tell Morrison and co, in polite terms “bugger off” and get Sibley etc some game time? 

Is it hard to see that this is the solution Wayne if you can't sign anyone? Seriously why is this bloke a manager 

Maybe he was told there was a takeover? Or that he would be able to sign players? I can't think he's happy either.

21 minutes ago, Topram said:

If that is the case I suggest that everyone get on the 3/1 relegation odds asap as they are going to tighten pretty quickly. 

Even with 5 new players we'd have minimal strength in depth and we'd be relying on key players remaining fit and playing most games week in, week out.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

If that is the case I suggest that everyone get on the 3/1 relegation odds asap as they are going to tighten pretty quickly. 

Even with 5 new players we'd have minimal strength in depth and we'd be relying on key players remaining fit and playing most games week in, week out.

I will never take a bet on Derby to fail - it’s sick and it’s wrong 

Surely this means Rooney knows something we don't, no? Why would you keep playing players who apparently don't want to sign on those terms when as far as we know there is very little chance that those limitations will change before the transfer window closes. May as well just play youth and be done with it.

There is of course another option as to why he is doing this, but i don't want to breach forum rules by stating my opinion here.

17 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Why is Rooney still here? Seriously. What does he gain from being manager of this club as his first job?

He doesn't need the money, he's here to better himself as a manager and progress that chapter of his career. That simply won't be happening with the current squad we have. No manager would be able to do a job with a squad so bare.

If things don't change soon, and let's be honest it doesn't look overly promising that it will, then I don't see many reasons for himself wanting to stay here.

He must believe a takeover is in the offing. I suspect he will leave when the transfer window closes if no money becomes available. Either by way of a takeover or Morris stumping up more cash. Can’t see the first happening and Morris is unlikely to have the decency to help us out of the mess he is solely responsible for. Just hope he doesn’t come to the stadium when matches are on. I expect the atmosphere will be toxic and he gets the reception he deserves 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Maybe he was told there was a takeover? Or that he would be able to sign players? I can't think he's happy either.

Very true Roy, but the comments have showed that he has a sense nothing is going to come of it? So why keep going? Try and mould the threadbare team you have 

Just now, EraniosSocks said:

Very true Roy, but the comments have showed that he has a sense nothing is going to come of it? So why keep going? Try and mould the threadbare team you have 

Threadbare is one thing, but when we have no centre-backs?

2 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

He must believe a takeover is in the offing. I suspect he will leave when the transfer window closes if no money becomes available. Either by way of a takeover or Morris stumping up more cash. Can’t see the first happening and Morris is unlikely to have the decency to help us out of the mess he is solely responsible for. Just hope he doesn’t come to the stadium when matches are on. I expect the atmosphere will be toxic and he gets the reception he deserves 

He keeps saying things need to change quickly though. The only real reports regarding a takeover or any sign of the end of the embargo is that it's not near yet.

When we were waiting on the mystery Arab money, Rooney was telling us it was close to being done, because that's what he was told. Is he being told that this is close too? Are those in charge being honest with him, or just stringing him along and hoping things work themselves out?

Our season starts in a fortnight, even if things do change and we're allowed to bring players in, we've still got a hell of a job to have a "successful" season. I can't quite see how he benefits by involving himself in this fiasco.

Just now, 1967RAMS said:

I understand the anger and frustration, hell even shame of Derby fans right now but I'm not sure what Mel Morris is supposed to do at this juncture. 

He wants to sell but if no one wants to buy what can he do?

If he sacks Rooney that's another debt that pushes us back. 

We have to be very careful in choosing who we add to the squad and presumably that will be Rooney's decision. 

The problem for me lies with a bunch of players with no ambition. There's no one really barking at this team. There's no one saying give it to me cis I'm having a go. 

It's all sideways and backwards because that's the safe option. 

We lack physicality. I saw Bird, Aluko, Baldock, Buchanan all pushed off the ball with ease. 

We need to identify the players who will run through brick walls for Derby County and we need a different captain because Lawrence so often goes missing. 

That's not Mel's fault. 

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand the anger and frustration, hell even shame of Derby fans right now but I'm not sure what Mel Morris is supposed to do at this juncture. 

He wants to sell but if no one wants to buy what can he do?

If he sacks Rooney that's another debt that pushes us back. 

We have to be very careful in choosing who we add to the squad and presumably that will be Rooney's decision. 

The problem for me lies with a bunch of players with no ambition. There's no one really barking at this team. There's no one saying give it to me cis I'm having a go. 

It's all sideways and backwards because that's the safe option. 

We lack physicality. I saw Bird, Aluko, Baldock, Buchanan all pushed off the ball with ease. 

We need to identify the players who will run through brick walls for Derby County and we need a different captain because Lawrence so often goes missing. 

That's not Mel's fault. 

Mel's fault is wasting time by going with chancers , even fans could spot Alonso out. For a successful businessman he has pulled too many stinkers at this football club. 

Edited by EraniosSocks