No signings

Topram

14 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand the anger and frustration, hell even shame of Derby fans right now but I'm not sure what Mel Morris is supposed to do at this juncture. 

He wants to sell but if no one wants to buy what can he do?

If he sacks Rooney that's another debt that pushes us back. 

We have to be very careful in choosing who we add to the squad and presumably that will be Rooney's decision. 

The problem for me lies with a bunch of players with no ambition. There's no one really barking at this team. There's no one saying give it to me cis I'm having a go. 

It's all sideways and backwards because that's the safe option. 

We lack physicality. I saw Bird, Aluko, Baldock, Buchanan all pushed off the ball with ease. 

We need to identify the players who will run through brick walls for Derby County and we need a different captain because Lawrence so often goes missing. 

That's not Mel's fault. 

Yes it is. This entire situation has come around because of one man. The degradation of the squad and the poor decisions made literally in all other areas are nobody elses fault. Covid hasn't helped, but the damage was done long before then.

25 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand the anger and frustration, hell even shame of Derby fans right now but I'm not sure what Mel Morris is supposed to do at this juncture. 

He wants to sell but if no one wants to buy what can he do?

If he sacks Rooney that's another debt that pushes us back. 

We have to be very careful in choosing who we add to the squad and presumably that will be Rooney's decision. 

The problem for me lies with a bunch of players with no ambition. There's no one really barking at this team. There's no one saying give it to me cis I'm having a go. 

It's all sideways and backwards because that's the safe option. 

We lack physicality. I saw Bird, Aluko, Baldock, Buchanan all pushed off the ball with ease. 

We need to identify the players who will run through brick walls for Derby County and we need a different captain because Lawrence so often goes missing. 

That's not Mel's fault. 

He could always file the accounts and pay the HMRC.  

Edited by sage

If we can’t sign these trialists - and it sounds like the length of contract and / or the wages are the problem that to me rules out Morrison and Carroll in particular and possibly Stearman and Aluku. 

Id get Wisdom and Davis onboard now, along with Jagielka (who surely isn’t expecting more than one year deals at his age?) That gives us experience to build from and cover for each of them who will undoubtedly need it in a position that requires know how.

Id be happier with Sibley playing over Aluku who has flattered to deceive and as well as Morrison played v Man U he was frustrating today and I’m not sure we are going to be the sort of side that can accommodate both him and Tom Lawrence (who was ominously quiet today when he needed to get the game by the scruff) anyway.

Baldock IMO isnt going to offer anymore than Stretton is and so id use the one other spot available to search for a suitable replacement / cover for CKR preferably in the same mould so it doesn’t change how we play too much when one or other is playing. Noticeable today that it was far harder for our midfield to link up with the forward once CKR had come off….we need that focal point. 

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

2 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

If we can’t sign these trialists - and it sounds like the length of contract and / or the wages are the problem that to me rules out Morrison and Carroll in particular and possibly Stearman and Aluku. 

Id get Wisdom and Davis onboard now, along with Jagielka (who surely isn’t expecting more than one year deals at his age?) That gives us experience to build from and cover for each of them who will undoubtedly need it in a position that requires know how.

Id be happier with Sibley playing over Aluku who has flattered to deceive and as well as Morrison played v Man U he was frustrating today and I’m not sure we are going to be the sort of side that can accommodate both him and Tom Lawrence (who was ominously quiet today when he needed to get the game by the scruff) anyway.

Baldock IMO isnt going to offer anymore than Stretton is and so id use the one other spot available to search for a suitable replacement / cover for CKR preferably in the same mould so it doesn’t change how we play too much when one or other is playing. Noticeable today that it was far harder for our midfield to link up with the forward once CKR had come off….we need that focal point. 

Yes, in the short-term we need 2 centre halves in and then see where we stand. Even with that we start the new season weaker having lost Clarke and Waggers….that is worrying…

16 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Going to be a long old season at this rate! 

if we can’t sign these trialists bin them off and play the kids who will be thrown to the lions. At least give them a half fighting chance rather than chucking them in first game of the season with no minutes! 

What? Some saying the trialists aren't good enough and you want to throw our youngsters to the lions?!

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Sure, but at this stage what can he do about it? 

Release a Worded statement of what is happening at this present time? Or just explain what the options are? Have we gone down the Moxey company route as of yet, from my view this would have been such a sensible move but I doubt it? 

Don't send Pearce out again just to for him to end up waffling nonsense on Radio Derby. I realise his health is a huge factor in getting Derby off his business list and the amount of losses he is making, it obviously can not be feasible. 

Even if he came out regarding the accountancy issues and the lateness regarding these, I think many would appreciate it. How he and Pearce have handled the situation is disgusting. I don't like Wayne Rooney at all, but how he has been treated is far from right either