No signings

Topram

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

There's a lot here that doesn't add up;

Percy tweeted on Weds we were set to offer contracts to Davies, Wisdom & Morrison

Rooney is playing a number of trialists 2 weeks out from the opening game with seemingly no certainty they can play in League games

Tom Carroll is training here whilst apparently having a contract offer on the table from QPR

Like the tweet Alan Nixon has just put out suggests, think there's a bit of politics going on & probably some media pressure being applied by Rooney, knowing the fans will direct heat at Mel & Pearce. My wild guess is that the takeover is close (some suggestion on twitter this might be the 'other reason' for not being to sign players) but wonder if some dispute over price/debts to resolve.

Agreed and a spot of deflection today from Wayne thrown in for good measure.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Percy tweeted on Weds we were set to offer contracts to Davies, Wisdom & Morrison

Rooney is playing a number of trialists 2 weeks out from the opening game with seemingly no certainty they can play in League games

Tom Carroll is training here whilst apparently having a contract offer on the table from QPR

Like the tweet Alan Nixon has just put out suggests, think there's a bit of politics going on & probably some media pressure being applied by Rooney, knowing the fans will direct heat at Mel & Pearce. My wild guess is that the takeover is close (some suggestion on twitter this might be the 'other reason' for not being to sign players) but wonder if some dispute over price/debts to resolve.

Spot on I reckon

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Posted this in another thread but more  relevant here.

If none of the trialists are signing why on earth are we giving Morrison game time ahead of Sibley?

Either this isn’t true, or we are screwing over one of youngsters!

Wonder whether its a way to keep them interested and around until we can actually sign them. We can sign free agents at any point in the season right?

11 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

Wonder whether its a way to keep them interested and around until we can actually sign them. We can sign free agents at any point in the season right?

It’s possible I suppose, but you’d be propped pissed off if you were the play who hung around hoping for a deal and non materialised and then you are scrambling for another deal elsewhere.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Interesting theory.

There’s a certain point in the takeover process (near completion) that the club enters a default embargo isn’t there?

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

No manager would be able to do a job with a squad so bare.

A good manager ‘does a job’ by getting the best out of a group of players, however able they may be. Looking forward to seeing how Rooney does this time round. IMHO he did not get the best out of last year’s squad. But in common with a number of our promising youngsters, he has more experience this time out. Fingers crossed 

Q) When you say help from other people do you mean help from within in the club or help from people outside the club?

Rooney: I think from everyone, from within the club, from outside the club, we need help. What I will say is the group of players credit to them because it is very difficult circumstances for them, also. I think what is showing is that Derby is still a big club, it's a club where players are coming in and they are willing. All the players have had offers from different clubs and they want to wait, they want to make sure we can get things done and they want to sign and play for this football club. I think that is credit to the players who are here on contracts, but also the players who aren't because I totally understand if they say 'that's it, I've had enough'.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Q) When you say help from other people do you mean help from within in the club or help from people outside the club?

Rooney: I think from everyone, from within the club, from outside the club, we need help. What I will say is the group of players credit to them because it is very difficult circumstances for them, also. I think what is showing is that Derby is still a big club, it's a club where players are coming in and they are willing. All the players have had offers from different clubs and they want to wait, they want to make sure we can get things done and they want to sign and play for this football club. I think that is credit to the players who are here on contracts, but also the players who aren't because I totally understand if they say 'that's it, I've had enough'.

What do you think Roy?

We can bring in the players, but their wages demands are too high?

We can't bring anyone else in, because the money to pay any wages at all are not there?

Wayne mentions that the players have other offers on the table, yet are holding out for a move here.

Why, it's not like they'll grow old with us, that's already happened, so why hold out for a deal unless we're paying more than offered elsewhere if our circumstances change?

Just now, Rev said:

What do you think Roy?

We can bring in the players, but their wages demands are too high?

We can't bring anyone else in, because the money to pay any wages at all are not there?

Wayne mentions that the players have other offers on the table, yet are holding out for a move here.

Why, it's not like they'll grow old with us, that's already happened, so why hold out for a deal unless we're paying more than offered elsewhere if our circumstances change?

Yeah its confusing isn't it.

But I do wonder if Nixon is right about petty politics from the EFL, especially now they have 3 new board members. 

I guess only time will tell us the answer, but it's interesting to hear that players want to be here above other teams. Afterall Carroll had/has an offer from QPR.

6 hours ago, Topram said:

Rooney basically said even with the relaxed EFL embargo, it wouldn’t be possible to bring any players in as certain restrictions still remain. Though he wouldn’t discuss what exactly. Again stressed that he needs help from both inside and, if possible, outside the club.

This was from Rooneys press conference after after the game, suggest none of the players want a 1 year contract on 11k a week… 

could mean that in 2 weeks we go into the opening game with a very poor side

The only reason that players would not want £11,000 power week is because they have already earned so much money! And do not need any more!

I don't get it. If I was good at football, would I rather reject a contract, and limit myself to having kick-abouts in the park with my mates.

Or would I prefer to play with a group of excellent players, and train with top-flight coaches, and benefit from "Premiership level facilities", and play in front of a large crowd - and get £0.5m in my pocket, just for doing that.

Why would I turn down the contract?

What's turning them off?

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Posted this in another thread but more  relevant here.

If none of the trialists are signing why on earth are we giving Morrison game time ahead of Sibley?

Either this isn’t true, or we are screwing over one of youngsters!

And why are we giving a trial to Allsop? If we only have 4 spaces available for new signings then a GK is not going to be one of them when we already have two experiences keepers. 

From Rooneys comments it sounds like he wants to sign all of the triallists plus more. Id imagine once he signs players he can then get rid of those he doesnt want but with how small the squad is we cant get rid of any, hence his comments saying none will be sold.

It seems like all the triallists know the situation, Nixon said earlier that they were all aware, so it says to me that whilst they stay on trial they're all hoping to get a contract with us. And any new triallists are also likely to be in agreement to join if we can get it done.

I would imagine most of them would want longer than a 1 year deal which is probably why the embargo restrictions are holding us back. Maybe only Stearman, Davies & Jagielka would actually sign a 1 year deal so for them it comes down to wages and if they want or have been offered more than the 11.5k.

I think Saturdays game will be the biggest indication as to who is likely to sign (if any) in time for Huddersfield as surely if none look likely he will field as close to his starting 11 as possible.

Lastly, in his interview after United he said we have 0 centre backs at the club, whereas after Salford in the Sky Sports interview he says we have 1 contracted centre back plus 2 very young centre backs in our u23s & u18s who I assume are Cashin & Solomon - so who is the contracted centre back? Has he mis-spoke, have Davies/Wisdom signed or does he mean Forsyth? Surely if he really thinks none will be in for Huddersfield he should have Solomon or Cashin playing these preseason games?

Edited by DCFC1388

8 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

The only reason that players would not want £11,000 per week is because they have already earned so much money! And do not need any more!

I don't get it. If I was good at football, would I rather reject a contract, and limit myself to having kick-abouts in the park with my mates.

Unless the EFL have stopped us offering them that much as has been suggested?