No signings

Topram

2 hours ago, Topram said:

I’d love to hope you were right but if it was this close why would Rooney be so negative about it all? The way he has spoken makes me think it’s a lot further away than we hope…

Like I said yesterday, think there's a bit of finalising to do behind the scenes (as per Nixon's tweet) & thats what I believe Rooney is frustrated by. He knows he has the power of post-match interviews to bemoan our threadbare squad & the situation as it looks publicly, which puts pressure on Mel & Pearce to complete the sale. 

There's too many contradicting events in my opinion for it not to be close.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

Interesting that despite what is being said, today we have been linked to signing Alsopp and that we are trying to resign Edmundson back on loan ( only talk sport and the fl72 I know) so probably all rubbish, let’s be fair we are all have no idea what is going on behind the scences, we can only hope something positive is happening.

Huddlestone has earned exactly £0 from playing last season when he could have had some kind of contract from us.

If these trialist are trying to play wages hard ball they are in the wrong place.

The only thing I can think of is that MM wants to offer a lot less than the max allowed and WR and some of current trialist think the goals have shifted.

Edited by Dean (hick) Saunders

14 hours ago, Rev said:

What do you think Roy?

We can bring in the players, but their wages demands are too high?

We can't bring anyone else in, because the money to pay any wages at all are not there?

Wayne mentions that the players have other offers on the table, yet are holding out for a move here.

Why, it's not like they'll grow old with us, that's already happened, so why hold out for a deal unless we're paying more than offered elsewhere if our circumstances change?

If we sign them then we have to pay them which adds to the debt burden especially if we are trying to sell the club. 5 players at £11,000 per week is a heck of a lot of money at £55,000 per week extra - maybe it’s a case of wait until the day before the season starts 

3 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Actually, if a footballer was given the choice between working on a building site, or playing football - for the same wages - I on think that they'd nearly all choose football.

But, £0.5m is not peanuts!

I am not suggesting that they work on the national minimum age - or even a typical salary. 

I am just saying that if the reason that we cannot sign players id because they will not play for as "little" as £0.5m per year, then we should not sign them.

Based on the shooting efforts of the forwards on the pitch yesterday you’d think they were apprentices, so I think National Minimum Wage would be about right. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

You're missing the point though. If the EFL have put a much lower limit on what our club can pay, we can't compete for signings.

Why would a player come to us for £0.5m when they can get £1m anywhere else? 

We just might as well have been relegated already if we can only afford to pay League One salaries.

I agree with you that salaries are too high generally, but that doesn't help our situation when every other club is paying them.

I hear you. But, someone needs to make a stand.

And we are in a perfect position to do so. The bookmakers put us at odds on to be relegated. There's a feeling that the EFL will try to engineer it. Many think our team will struggle. Some have suggested releasing passionate players for the benefit of their careers.

So, actually, a few players won't make much difference. The biggest difference will come from a fighting spirit, and desire to beat the odds. To practise every hour of the day - like Mount and Wilson said that they used to do when sharing a house.

If relegation is highly likely, why not grasp the nettle. If we do it, other clubs may join in.

Also, I don't think that people always take the highest salary. Derby offers large crowds and great facilities to Championship players. And, quite frankly, whatever people say about our manager, the chance to work with the top England goalscorer must be quite a draw. 

And, the players that come for lower wages are more likely to be those motivated by football and fan relationships. By definition, money will not be their primary motivation.

In the long term - Derby is positioned to be a top 20 English team. Just based on our crowds and the history of being a footballing town and city.

In the long term, a football structure that is more influenced by fan income will benefit Derby, because we have larger crowds.

Football based on wealthy benefactors is not in the best interests of our club - it is more in the interests of smaller clubs - and clubs whose fans watch football on TV. 

23 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

And, why not offer 50% of the market rate - with a bonus to triple their salary to 150% if we get promoted.

That should increase the pool of potential players.

It doesn't matter what you offer, if the player has reasonable doubts they'll be paid, they won't risk it.

With no signings, Bielik out until Christmas and Knight supposedly out for 3 months, we really are lacking depth.

GK: Marshall, Roos

RB: Byrne, McDonald

CB: Solomon, JBrown

CB: Forsyth, Cashin

LB: Buchanan, Williams

CM: Bird, LThompson

CM: Shinnie, Dixon

RW: Jozwiak, Ebosele

AM: Sibley, Watson

LW: Lawrence, Hutchinson

CF: Kazim, Stretton

We really need to get out of the embargo as quickly as possible, but what if that means a points deduction?

Hypothetically, would anyone take a points deduction by submitting the overdue accounts/submissions (assuming they show an overspend) if it meant we could make some signings? I certainly would at this stage.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With no signings, Bielik out until Christmas and Knight supposedly out for 3 months, we really are lacking depth.

We really need to get out of the embargo as quickly as possible, but what if that means a points deduction?

Hypothetically, would anyone take a points deduction by submitting the overdue accounts/submissions (assuming they show an overspend) if it meant we could make some signings? I certainly would at this stage.

Yes. Without at least two centre-halves we will be utterly over-run. With two we might just hold our own and more against 'mid/lower' teams. But I don't think it will come to that. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would take a small points deduction if we could move on and out of the quicksand ?

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We need to figure out our CB pairing for the first game of the season, because it's looking increasingly unlikely we are going to sign anyone. Forsyth and Brown probably makes the most sense at least to me. We would need to make sure we have as much protection in CM has possible. 

50 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If that is the squad I'd take a points deduction without any question as that's a finishing bottom squad quite honestly. 

Someone more knowledgable than me may know this but at what point would a points deduction be something that was implemented next season (as in 2022/23)?

Has it occurred to anyone that this squad could finish bottom 3 and a points deduction could take place in league 1 making a relegation to 2 a possibility? 

22 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Someone more knowledgable than me may know this but at what point would a points deduction be something that was implemented next season (as in 2022/23)?

Has it occurred to anyone that this squad could finish bottom 3 and a points deduction could take place in league 1 making a relegation to 2 a possibility? 

Yeah,we're the next Bolton/Pompey but no-one wants to admit it ??

52 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Doubt it, admin has a cut off but others don’t until the last game or possibly later.  This matter even if it goes to LAP should be finalised this year

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

I've heard eventually the sun will go supernova but you know no-one seems worried. ?

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Basically depends on when the administration occurs and where the team finishes in the table.

Prior to the 4th Thursday in March then the hit applies that season.

After that date, if you would have been relegated anyway (regardless of possible points deduction) then hit applies the following season.

If you stayed up t(regardless of poss points deduction) then it applies that season.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-3---the-league/

12.2  If a Group Undertaking of a Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, then the Board shall have the power to impose upon the Club a deduction of 12 points scored or to be scored in the League Competition. In exercising this power the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and to:

12.2.1  such of the provisions of the Insolvency Act, the Competition Act 1998 and the Enterprise Act 2002 as are relevant and then in force;

12.2.2  the need to protect the integrity and continuity of the League Competition;

12.2.3  the reputation of The League and the need to promote the game of association football generally; and

12.2.4  the relationship between the Club and the Group Undertaking.

12.3  Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.2:

12.3.1  during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

12.3.2  during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.4 shall apply; and

12.3.3  outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

12.4  Where the circumstances set out in Regulation 12.3.2 apply and at the end of that Season, having regard to the number of championship points awarded (ignoring any potential deduction):

12.4.1  the Club would be relegated in accordance with Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7, the points deduction will apply in the next following Season (including in the National League if appropriate); or

12.4.2  the Club would not be relegated as aforesaid, the points deduction will apply in that Season and Regulation 10.1.2(b) or 7.7 will then apply (if appropriate) following imposition of the points deduction.

12.5  For the avoidance of doubt, where a Club and/or Group Undertaking is subject to more than one of the procedures in Regulation 12.1 above during a process of compromising creditors (for example Administration followed by a Company Voluntary Arrangement), the Club shall only be deducted one set of 12 points, such deduction to apply with effect from the first Insolvency Event.