No signings

Topram

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Not being able to sign players will mean a points deduction every Saturday.

This is probably true.  SW didn’t recover though did they? I’m not saying that six points is a relegation sentence, but we would also have to have a good team as well.  If we submitted the accounts immediately and failed ( hypothetically of course) without a takeover and some way of not falling foul of FFP, would we have the funds to fields team that can avoid the drop starting at -6 ( at least)? 

9 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

This would solve a few problems, but I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that this would maybe result in a points deduction.  I can’t see any other  reason for the delay.

I've not got anything that says this is the case, but I wonder if it might be that there's still disagreements between the club and the EFL as to how the accounts should be submitted. There was a couple of mentions in the DC judgment about the club believing they could increase the profit from the stadium sale as recorded in the accounts, and to potentially use a non-straight-line method of amortisation that would still comply with the accountancy rules. It might be that the EFL don't agree with these. I can't see why we wouldn't want to submit the accounts. Even if we breach the spending limits, is there really any benefit for waiting a few weeks to submit them if they're over anyway?

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

So if he can't sign anyone, why is he picking trialists in preseason friendlies and using up valuable match time with players he can't pick for proper games?

Well I imagine he is hoping the situation will change. It it doesn't our side v Huddersfield is

Marshall

Byrne         Cashin      Forsyth     Buchanan

Bird            Shinnie

Sibley

Jozwiak          CKR             Lawrence 

Edited by sage

Just now, sage said:

Well I imagine he is hoping the situation will change. It it doesn't our side v Huddersfield is

Marshall

Byrne         Cashin      Forsyth     Buchanan

Bird            Shinnie

Shinnie

Jozwiak          CKR             Lawrence 

I'd rather 11 Shinnies than two mate ??

47 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I understand the anger and frustration, hell even shame of Derby fans right now but I'm not sure what Mel Morris is supposed to do at this juncture. 

He wants to sell but if no one wants to buy what can he do?

If he sacks Rooney that's another debt that pushes us back. 

We have to be very careful in choosing who we add to the squad and presumably that will be Rooney's decision. 

The problem for me lies with a bunch of players with no ambition. There's no one really barking at this team. There's no one saying give it to me cis I'm having a go. 

It's all sideways and backwards because that's the safe option. 

We lack physicality. I saw Bird, Aluko, Baldock, Buchanan all pushed off the ball with ease. 

We need to identify the players who will run through brick walls for Derby County and we need a different captain because Lawrence so often goes missing. 

That's not Mel's fault. 

I have to disagree. Mel has hired the managers and fired them too. If the ethos within the squad is poor it’s a reflection of his atrocious handling of senior appointments and player acquisitions. It must be very difficult for the manager (even a good one) and the players to motivate themselves for the season ahead whilst the cancer within our club remains in charge. Mel is trying to recoup some of his outlay, which is why the takeover will not happen. He needs to be realistic, the club is worthless ( actually worse than worthless) when big debts massively outsize the assets. He is hoping for a miracle and a mega rich person to through sacks of cash at him and the club. The trouble is people don’t get mega rich by spunking millions on a basket case. It’s death by a thousand cuts at present and I can’t see any light at the end of this long, dark tunnel 

Just now, bimmerman said:

You've gotta feel for Rooney in this,promised x y and z and been given nothing to play with. 

If he walked away he'd have a fair whack of credibility left intact, but why should he when he's getting paid still

He wants to do well with this club. Why is that so hard to believe, we all love the club.

There's a lot here that doesn't add up;

Percy tweeted on Weds we were set to offer contracts to Davies, Wisdom & Morrison

Rooney is playing a number of trialists 2 weeks out from the opening game with seemingly no certainty they can play in League games

Tom Carroll is training here whilst apparently having a contract offer on the table from QPR

Like the tweet Alan Nixon has just put out suggests, think there's a bit of politics going on & probably some media pressure being applied by Rooney, knowing the fans will direct heat at Mel & Pearce. My wild guess is that the takeover is close (some suggestion on twitter this might be the 'other reason' for not being to sign players) but wonder if some dispute over price/debts to resolve.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

2 hours ago, 1967RAMS said:

He must believe a takeover is in the offing. I suspect he will leave when the transfer window closes if no money becomes available. Either by way of a takeover or Morris stumping up more cash. Can’t see the first happening and Morris is unlikely to have the decency to help us out of the mess he is solely responsible for. Just hope he doesn’t come to the stadium when matches are on. I expect the atmosphere will be toxic and he gets the reception he deserves 

The Mel Morris who has a very serious health problem which could well be affecting all the issues. I think your comment is disgraceful