What On Earth Is Going On At Derby?

alanmarklewis

Caught my wife watching this a few days ago (she has little interest in football) so I had to watch it myself to make sure what she'd watched was accurate!  TBF, its a little light on detail in places but does a good job of getting a lot of the main points across and worth the 30mins or so it takes to watch it ?

Now, if only we can have a season or two without being in the media for all the wrong reasons...

On 10/07/2021 at 12:24, Ken Tram said:

[The video below ...] runs through the past decade and a bit. Well produced, and includes a few snippets about managers and players that I hadn't known.

[People found the narrator's voice annoying though.]

It seemed worth sharing. And a topic that's on people's minds.

PS. Hopefully, we'll soon be seeing threads on "The Uplift of Derby County: How it turned around"

If you found the video linked to the first post on this thread interesting - then I've "quoted" a link to a similar video.

It's a shame that YouTubers are finding us a topic worthy of such videos!

But, at least the video called "The worst team in Premier History" has stopped showing up as a recommended video for a while!

Edited by Ken Tram

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

The kid that does these videos for hitc is a decent content creator. Watch a fair few of his vids,he actually researches things and is relatively balanced. Think he did a good job with this one

I might subscribe then!

This all happened in the past and watching it makes me feel sad and confused. I'd rather draw a line under it now and concentrate on moving forward. Sorry, but watching this makes me feel sad. I know that it happened and this is like a post-mortem but I'd rather concentrate on this coming season. It's informative as to how we got to this point, but it is not helpful and we need to be positive and move forward with the players we have.

31 minutes ago, Miggins said:

This all happened in the past and watching it makes me feel sad and confused. I'd rather draw a line under it now and concentrate on moving forward. Sorry, but watching this makes me feel sad. I know that it happened and this is like a post-mortem but I'd rather concentrate on this coming season. It's informative as to how we got to this point, but it is not helpful and we need to be positive and move forward with the players we have.

We can hardly draw a line under it whilst we are still in the middle of it,it's still there.

Hiding our heads in the sand,pretending all is well is what led us into this situation.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

It's crazy that he says of all the teams with problems that he's made videos on, Derby's was his longest video out of the lot of them. And the video on us didn't even mention the Rush legal battle, Ince family scouting mess, the drink driving crash, the 32 Red involvement, the unpaid wages and Henry Gabay's rumoured takeover/involvement before he was arrested. ?

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's crazy that he says of all the teams with problems that he's made videos on, Derby's was his longest video out of the lot of them. And the video on us didn't even mention the Rush legal battle, Ince family scouting mess, the drink driving crash, the 32 Red involvement, the unpaid wages and Henry Gabay's rumoured takeover/involvement before he was arrested. ?

Perhaps there will be a second episode called "what is still going on at Derby?"

14 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

He's obviously making an entire series out of us.

I assume some of those problems will be included in the upcoming "What on Mars is going on at Derby?" or maybe even the Venus, Jupiter or Saturn versions.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We can hardly draw a line under it whilst we are still in the middle of it,it's still there.

Hiding our heads in the sand,pretending all is well is what led us into this situation.

We can draw a line under it at what ever point we choose and I choose now.  I found this report rather sad and that's not how I want to feel going into this season. A new season, a clean sheet. A new beginning. I appreciate where you are coming from. I am not hiding my head in the sand and I am not pretending that all is well.  Starting a new season on such a negative note does not help our team at all. If the fans expect us to fail then the team will have less confidence. They need lots of support from the fans. I hope that the team this season will respond to the positive response from the fans and will rise to the occasion. It's going to be a long and hard season so get behind our beloved team and stop draining their confidence.