Krystian Bielik

RoyMac5

16 hours ago, Kernow said:

I've never dislocated my shoulder before so have no idea what it feels like, perhaps someone who has could shed some light? Is it possible to "think" you've dislocated it when really you haven't? I imagine it's the kind of thing where if something is wrong you definitely know about it.

Bielik has dislocated his shoulder before, so it's strange he'd think he'd dislocated it but actually turn out to be completely fine.

When he walked off the pitch at the end in his makeshift sling, he was clearly holding his elbow in pain, not his shoulder, and as that clip shows, you see his elbow buckle slightly as he pushes himself up, but it's not an obvious dislocation

If i was guessing I'd say he jarred it - which can be painful, but nothing a bit of ice and some strapping won't sort out

COYR 

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

When he walked off the pitch at the end in his makeshift sling, he was clearly holding his elbow in pain, not his shoulder, and as that clip shows, you see his elbow buckle slightly as he pushes himself up, but it's not an obvious dislocation

If i was guessing I'd say he jarred it - which can be painful, but nothing a bit of ice and some strapping won't sort out

COYR 

Even a dislocated elbow can click back in straightaway. So he could be fine in a few days. I hope. 

Your elbow bone's connected to your arm bone

Your arm bone's connected to your shoulder bone

Your shoulder bone's connected to your back bone

Your back bone's connected to your hip bone

Your hip bone's connected to your thigh bone

Your thigh bone's connected to your knee bone......

And that's crocked his ACL (again)!

?

36 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Even a dislocated elbow can click back in straightaway. So he could be fine in a few days. I hope. 

Problem is if it did actually dislocate, even if it popped back in,  then there could be complications - stretched ligaments, trapped nerves/blood vessels

I dislocated my knee, popped it back in but the joint wasn't stable because of the stretched ligaments - had to be in plaster for 5 weeks to stop it popping out again while stuff healed

An elbow would be less important in terms of being able to play football, but even if immobilised/strapped I'd question the wisdom of playing contact sport!

3 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Problem is if it did actually dislocate, even if it popped back in,  then there could be complications - stretched ligaments, trapped nerves/blood vessels

I dislocated my knee, popped it back in but the joint wasn't stable because of the stretched ligaments - had to be in plaster for 5 weeks to stop it popping out again while stuff healed

An elbow would be less important in terms of being able to play football, but even if immobilised/strapped I'd question the wisdom of playing contact sport!

A bit of spit and a rub, n it'll be rayt as rain tomorrer.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Not sure where the elbow story has come from. Not seen any evidence to support it.

Only from watching the replays - there doesn't look to be any impact on his right shoulder, but it looks like he jars his elbow as he springs up from the ground - and he was holding his elbow as he left the pitch.

Rooney said shoulder in his post-match but qualified it by saying he didn't really know for sure

I don't think we can stress enough how much a difference he makes.

With him on the pitch for just 30 mins he completely turned the game on its head.

The amazing overhead kick aside he was also the one who turned Birds nothing free kick into something for plange to then score form. All this having not played for over 1 year.

Without him coming on we lose that game simple as that.

If and it's a massive if. We can keep him fit for the rest of the season i am confident we are capable of surviving on the pitch at least. His stats pre injury for recoveries, tackles and interceptions we best in the league by some distance. 

Edited by kingsy1884

4 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Only from watching the replays - there doesn't look to be any impact on his right shoulder, but it looks like he jars his elbow as he springs up from the ground - and he was holding his elbow as he left the pitch.

Rooney said shoulder in his post-match but qualified it by saying he didn't really know for sure

When you hurt your shoulder or collar bone, you hold your elbow to keep the upper arm stable. Only actual quote we have is Davies saying 'he (Bielik) thought he had dislocated his shoulder but he hasn't'

That suggests he has hurt his shoulder but not seriously.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

When you hurt your shoulder or collar bone, you hold your elbow to keep the upper arm stable. Only actual quote we have is Davies saying 'he (Bielik) thought he had dislocated his shoulder but he hasn't'

That suggests he has hurt his shoulder but not seriously.

Yeah - just seen another crowd clip where the physio is clearly looking at his shoulder, so maybe it is. Just seems weird when he didn't really do anything but push himself up off the floor. Does he have ligaments of jelly?

I thought from this footage he was shielding his elbow

image.png.acdc2ac5809fc087b5ed1e1bb2332d92.png