EFL Verdict

DCFC90

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We need a respected sports journalist to put some time looking into all this and then write a damning article about the EFL. This has descended beyond chronic incompetence it is now nothing short of victimisation.

I repeat what I said on another thread. At this moment in time it is not established if we gained an unfair advantage regarding FFP as our revised accounts have not been submitted, so put that in the pending file! Regarding our lack of clarity in declaring out unique but legal amortisation policy we have been found guilty on appeal and fined £100k. End of!!

What the heck are Wycombe on about? IF and its a big IF we eventually fail FFP when our accounts are submitted then blame the EFL for taking too long to sort it out but what has that got to do with DCFC?  

This …great post bang on mate 

8 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We are being threatened with retrospective relegation and being accused of systematic cheating. What do you expect us to do just take it? This time around I don’t think it’s us picking the fight. 

The EFl is not ‘threatening’ us with retrospective relegation. It is appealing to increase the penalty against us because it and the majority of the clubs in the league think it is too light 

accused of systematic cheating? Yes that’s what the Wycombe chairman said and it’s exactly what you would want Mel to say in these circumstances if we were going down. Wycombe are entitled to fight their corner and they are doing it in a way that does not antagonise the regulator. We on the other hand ... 

1 hour ago, cool_as_custard said:

In all of the ramblings about these cases and the appeals, I haven't seen anyone suggest that Derby take this to the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS). Is there something in the agreement that the club have to participate in the EFL that precludes them doing this? Anyone know?

I did suggest this. The opening shot was the club's statement - give the EFL a chance to back down and if they don't, CAS is almost inevitable in my opinion.

Not sure if its been said, But this is not fare on us or Wycombe,  this has to   be sorted ASAP . Do Wycombe buy players for L1 or to compete in the Championship, We cant buy anyone or resign out of contract players, clubs wont loan to us if they dont know which league they will be playing in. its just a mess, i wonder if the EFL are actually aware not only are they messing us around but Wycombe as well. To me they seem like a bunch of clowns trying to justify their wage packet

11 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Not sure if its been said, But this is not fare on us or Wycombe,  this has to   be sorted ASAP . Do Wycombe buy players for L1 or to compete in the Championship, We cant buy anyone or resign out of contract players, clubs wont loan to us if they dont know which league they will be playing in. its just a mess, i wonder if the EFL are actually aware not only are they messing us around but Wycombe as well. To me they seem like a bunch of clowns trying to justify their wage packet

I think the EFL are very well aware of what they are doing sadly. Strangling the club as tightly as they can. 
The whole situation is a huge mess because of men who refuse to back down. It’s a petty squabble and they are dragging us all through it. 
Whatever can be done legally should be done and done quickly before we don’t have a club anymore. 

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The EFl is not ‘threatening’ us with retrospective relegation. It is appealing to increase the penalty against us because it and the majority of the clubs in the league think it is too light 

accused of systematic cheating? Yes that’s what the Wycombe chairman said and it’s exactly what you would want Mel to say in these circumstances if we were going down. Wycombe are entitled to fight their corner and they are doing it in a way that does not antagonise the regulator. We on the other hand ... 

Potentially appealing isn’t it unless I’ve missed an update.

Personally, I don’t think they will appeal.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Potentially appealing isn’t it unless I’ve missed an update.

Personally, I don’t think they will appeal.

Very much depends on the report on the findings which hasn't come out yet. I suspect they will for political reasons regarding other member clubs (I think they've put themselves in a position where they pretty much have to)

but what grounds ("the sanction is too lienient because wycombe said so" won't get very far, or, "the judgment included the minimal possible sanction even though it's clear that the policy change influenced P&S submission in those years, we are not talking rounding errors but very deliberate policies here, as such, choosing the most lienient possible sanction is inappropreate" might get some more traction).

I think the question that needs to be asked about the points deduction that the EFL want to apply is 'would they have asked for this at the time the accounts were submitted?' If they had received the accounts, checked through them at the time, noticed the amortisation policy, and decided then and there that they did not like it, what would be their course of action? Would their response be to initiate disciplinary proceedings in the hope of applying a points deduction, or would they have simply asked that the accounts be resubmitted using a more conventional method of amortisation before they accepted them? I would be very surprised if it would be the former and not the latter. If such, then surely asking for a points deduction at this interval is purely punishing the club more harshly for the EFL's inability to notice that there was an issue at the time the accounts were submitted.

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The question is why is the £100k fine inadequate. What advantage have we gained? 

Exactly, the win is they get to charge us for the revised P&S submissions. If they do, you can also expect they'll want extra added for the accounting policy as aggrivating factor. But on it's own, it is what it is.

16 minutes ago, Amberram said:

Just shows you what a sad state of affairs are around the club when all of the topics on the main page are non football related and full of the elf politics.?

I’m glad it’s on the main page it doesn’t get talked about enough, those toy shop workers just don’t get paid enough. Santa = bully #northpolesweatshop 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

you really think the regulator will be any more antagonised by our statement, has winning the original case then not getting the sanction they wanted not antagonised them enough? I think this one a beyond settling amicably unless the LAP are reasonable, we submit the accounts, take our punishment (if there is any) and the ownership transfers. Until that point we need to fight our corner and defend ourselves to the hilt because several parties are gunning for us at the moment.