The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

Grealish deserves a place in the first game. 

And that's it. Kane best not get injured because we have no replacement. The rest have let themselves down against a poor Romanian team. 

Rashford shouldn't be in the 26 based on his last few displays for club and Country. 

Would bring him on for penalties, though. 

Hopefully Bellingham has a good last 20 minutes. Hopefully takes Sancho up a level too. 

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

1-0. I thought that the pen looked like the sort of decision you get in a home friendly, but in a tight tournament knockout game, not so sure. 

It's just astounding that you can get a penalty at all for running slightly ahead of someone and intentionally kicking them with your trailing foot and falling over, literally nothing a defender can do about it, and some Bamford praises it as good play.

Edited by Coconut

Just now, Coconut said:

It's just astounding that you can get a penalty at all for running slightly ahead of someone and intentionally kicking them with your trailing foot, literally nothing a defender can do about it, and some Bamford praises it as good play.

Yeah, the Romanian player looked bewildered. 

They've ballsed up penalty number 2.....?

1 minute ago, EraniosSocks said:

That was painstaking. Hope Ward Prowse gets the nod though; terrific player.

Thought our midfield looked weaker and more ponderous with rice and Henderson, but that might be because of the latters absence for 4 months. 

You just suspect that Southgate is set on starting with those 2 v Croatia. 

12 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Thought our midfield looked weaker and more ponderous with rice and Henderson, but that might be because of the latters absence for 4 months. 

You just suspect that Southgate is set on starting with those 2 v Croatia. 

Agreed mate. Just really don’t think Southgate does know his best team, still. Hope we do well but I’m going for a Semi final at best 

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well the best thing I can say about this week is that Southgate has done a good job in dampening expectations ? 

They were pretty moist to start with....except in @DarkFruitsRam7 mind where he's convinced we're a team of euro beaters.....

.....my expectations are born out of decades of bitter disappointment and hysterical over hyping by the British media. And it's all happening again.....im currently at paddling pool levels of dampness, but a rubbish performance against Croatia and I'll be full deep-end ?