The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

48 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

All valid points.

However, I'd argue the players we've got at our disposal now are much better than we had a year ago.

• Grealish has by all accounts been outstanding this season and has managed to force his way into international contention.
  • Foden has had his breakthrough season and is now recognised as a world-class talent.
  • Bellingham has obviously developed massively due to his age, but also due to going from the Championship to the Champions League.
  • Mount has stepped up his game to become one of the best in the Premier League.
  • Chillwell and Shaw are both regarded as being in a better place than they were a year ago.

Yes I'd agree with that. I think we've got some fantastic attacking players. We now have the level of creativity required. I just worry about us as a unit. It's looked a bit disjointed. Hopefully we can establish a starting side and get playing with fluidity.

15 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Yes I'd agree with that. I think we've got some fantastic attacking players. We now have the level of creativity required. I just worry about us as a unit. It's looked a bit disjointed. Hopefully we can establish a starting side and get playing with fluidity.

Yep, agreed.

Hopefully the group stages will allow us to do that, but it's not ideal.

29 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Bloody hell. How much I miss that Football! I was 6 at the time and literally all I can picture is having a bbq and my dad picking me up when Shearer scored. Can't remember much else, better ice creams then though as well

Even I'm feeling nostalgic, and I was in my dad's nutsack!

On 09/06/2021 at 12:07, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have a watch of this:

Followed Scotland, 3 nights in London, 4 in Birmingham and 4 in Nottigham.

The atmosphere in Bham and Notts was brilliant, Wembley was good pre match but nasty after it.

Utter despondency when Mcallister missed that penalty to new depths when Gascoigne scored his goal. 

We should have scored 1 more goal v Switzerland to qualify, but we also should have got horsed by Hollland in the 1st game. 

You should have won that tournament, a real missed opportunity. 

It's a crying shame that England hasn't hosted a world cup since 66, it would be an absolute belter. 

28 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Followed Scotland, 3 nights in London, 4 in Birmingham and 4 in Nottigham.

The atmosphere in Bham and Notts was brilliant, Wembley was good pre match but nasty after it.

Utter despondency when Mcallister missed that penalty to new depths when Gascoigne scored his goal. 

We should have scored 1 more goal v Switzerland to qualify, but we also should have got horsed by Hollland in the 1st game. 

You should have won that tournament, a real missed opportunity. 

It's a crying shame that England hasn't hosted a world cup since 66, it would be an absolute belter. 

My cousin got a great little job working as a photograph runner at the City Ground.  Back in the days before online technology the nationals would take pictures of the games and the films had to couriered off during play to get the newspaper print prepared.  

She gave me a pretty garish looking all white official press jacket with Euro 96 on it after she was done with it.  No idea where it went . I have form for such things .

Seem to remember a lot of Derby fans went to the City Ground as Croatia had there group games there during the Igor days.  I can also remember the excitement that we'd signed Asanovic for 10p before the tournament and he was brilliant.  

Very fond memories of that time .  Life seemed a lot simpler and people seemed a lot less miserable - even prior to the misery of the last year- and the music was better an all.

36 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

My cousin got a great little job working as a photograph runner at the City Ground.  Back in the days before online technology the nationals would take pictures of the games and the films had to couriered off during play to get the newspaper print prepared.  

She gave me a pretty garish looking all white official press jacket with Euro 96 on it after she was done with it.  No idea where it went . I have form for such things .

Seem to remember a lot of Derby fans went to the City Ground as Croatia had there group games there during the Igor days.  I can also remember the excitement that we'd signed Asanovic for 10p before the tournament and he was brilliant.  

Very fond memories of that time .  Life seemed a lot simpler and people seemed a lot less miserable - even prior to the misery of the last year- and the music was better an all.

That first time we saw Asanovic on tv after we had already signed him....swoon xxxx

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

It's going to be rubbish, isn't it?

You stole my line.....?

Playing an international tournament after a compressed season, which itself was played virtually straight after the previous one? With hardly any crowd and no away support? 

Sounds brilliant. I predict lots of walking football and either 0-0 or 1-0 results. 

@DarkFruitsRam7, over to yo?u..... 

41 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You stole my line.....?

Playing an international tournament after a compressed season, which itself was played virtually straight after the previous one? With hardly any crowd and no away support? 

Sounds brilliant. I predict lots of walking football and either 0-0 or 1-0 results. 

@DarkFruitsRam7, over to yo?u..... 

Doesn’t matter if it’s 1-0 to England!