The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

David

Got my traditional wall chart today (I realised now I only buy a news paper every two years ? just for the wall chart) I didn’t know we could play either France, Germany or Portugal in the 2nd round if we win the group ? Could be a short tournament, I really hope not! 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Got my traditional wall chart today (I realised now I only buy a news paper every two years ? just for the wall chart) I didn’t know we could play either France, Germany or Portugal in the 2nd round if we win the group ? Could be a short tournament, I really hope not! 

Don't we play the winner of that group if finishing 2nd too? Time to plan a 3rd place finish?

32 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Don't we play the winner of that group if finishing 2nd too? Time to plan a 3rd place finish?

2nd In our group means we have to play Spain, Poland, Slovakia or Sweden.......so it’ll be Sweden as always  ?

Edited by TexasRam

12 hours ago, TexasRam said:

2nd In our group means we have to play Spain, Poland, Slovakia or Sweden.......so it’ll be Sweden as always  ?

"England have won only two knockout games against World Cup or Euros-winning countries since 1966"

Edited by ariotofmyown

15 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Some nice spreadsheets here if, like me, you think wall charts are a bit old fashioned ? 

https://officetemplates.net/excel-templates/euro-2020-schedule-and-scoresheet/

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

"England have won only two knockout games against World Cup or Euros-winning countries since 1966"

Denmark wc 2002 was probably one and that barely counts as they won euro 1992 completely unexpectedly - a bit like Greece in 2004.

We only tend to progress with favourable draws. The last time I remember us winning a really tough knockout tie was beating Belgium in italia 90.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

So we're off again in a bit over 10 mins against Romania who we haven't beaten since 1970.

That sounds like a decent test for Southgates men (and young lads) - anyone seen a team sheet as i cant see one on the Beeb site...

9 changes.

Grealish, CL, Sancho and Rashford the attacking players.

I've now seen the team....Rashford captain, Mings gets a second outing with Ben White at cb.....grealish getting another run out despite needing ice or whatever on his leg, Phillips and Ward-Prowse as the midfield anchors.

Interesting.....

1Johnstone

2Godfrey

6White

5Mings

3Shaw

10Grealish

4Phillips

8Ward-Prowse

11Rashford

9Calvert-Lewin

7Sancho