The letter: A follow up Poll

IslandExile

The letter: A follow up Poll  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just trying to gauge the general feeling. A poll allows people to express themselves anonymously without having to front up with a comment.

To tell you where I'm at personally: I am concerned by the current situation but I am sure Mel is working tirelessly to improve it. I think the club does issue statements when there is something to say.

I generally agree with the concerns expressed in the letter but I do not know what good will come of it. I think everyone linked to the club is already fully aware of how the supporters will be feeling.

I certainly do not think the letter should have been signed "on behalf of [all]". I fully support @David's stance.

How do you feel?

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Something something options something something poll something not sure. 

Maybe an option that says 'I understand that when they say 'signed on behalf of Derby County supporters' they referred to the list that then follows and did not claim it to somehow be the explicit and aggregated view of every single fan who has ever bought a scarf'. Your selection suggests you know they intended it be taken as a statement on behalf of all fans, which is a rather extrapolated conclusion.

27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Maybe an option that says 'I understand that when they say 'signed on behalf of Derby County supporters' they referred to the list that then follows and did not claim it to somehow be the explicit and aggregated view of every single fan who has ever bought a scarf'. Your selection suggests you know they intended it be taken as a statement on behalf of all fans, which is a rather extrapolated conclusion.

Where are all the stats bods, they normally can quote relevant stuff. Isn't the letters signatories sort of akin to a Mori Poll in that it will show that a percentage of all fans feel a certain way?

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Loving this poll @IslandExile

The results so far seem to go against the opinions in the actual thread.

Yes, it's interesting huh?

For those that moan about polls (and yet still find them difficult to ignore), I said this in the preamble:

A poll allows people to express themselves anonymously without having to front up with a comment.

11 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

another poll? this is going to be a long close season

I’d be up for a poll on how long you think the close season will be.

1. Really long

2. Long but broken up by the Euros which will make it easier 

3. it’ll go in a blink of and eye because of all the activity and signings the Rams will make

4. I don’t care I hate football 

50 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Your selection suggests you know they intended it be taken as a statement on behalf of all fans, which is a rather extrapolated conclusion.

I did not know at all. All my attempts to get a certain poster on here to reveal details of the campaign failed.

I did include as an option:

No. They may have phrased it badly but they represent the view of the majority.

I've no problem with the letter, I've no problem with it being "on behalf of DCFC supporters".

I would just have pretty reasonable expectations about what it might achieve.

When the answer to most of the points raised is a combination of "don't know" "we're working on that" "nothing is set in stone yet" "we really can't discuss that in a public space right now" - there is very little to be gained from a totally honest, transparent and open statement of "we don't know, we're working on it, nothing is set in stone and there are things we cannot discuss publicly at this time".

I would make a exception to that on the ST refunds - that should've been sorted a long time ago and is something that any business should be able to perform and communicate clearly on.

15 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

another poll? this is going to be a long close season

because.....

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

The results so far seem to go against the opinions in the actual thread.

Of course, as with any thread, you don't have to read it.

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’d be up for a poll on how long you think the close season will be.

1. Really long

2. Long but broken up by the Euros which will make it easier 

3. it’ll go in a blink of and eye because of all the activity and signings the Rams will make

4. I don’t care I hate football 

During which Jóźwiak has a blinder, assists against Slovakia, scores a late equaliser against Sweden and stuns the crowd with a brace against Spain, following which his value rockets to over £35million and we sell him putting us nicely in the black.  

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

During which Jóźwiak has a blinder, assists against Slovakia, scores a late equaliser against Sweden and stuns the crowd with a brace against Spain, following which his value rockets to over £35million and we sell him putting us nicely in the black.  

Stranger things have happened

2 hours ago, BucksRam said:

That's not as absurd as it may first appear. We sold Jeff Hendrick for more than anyone could have predicted off the back of one good tournament.