Statement from Mel?

IslandExile

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

A Trappist Monk seems positively verbose compared to Mel Morris.

A man joins an order of Trappist monks. Trappists are only to speak when necessary. In this particular monastery the rule was that monks were only allowed to speak once every 5 years. The man was told this and was happy to enter into viitual silence.

5 years pass and the man is sitting in the refectory when the head monk approaches and says to him "It's been 5 years. What would you like to say brother?".

The man says, "Are the Rams in the Premier League yet?."
The head monk shakes his head and walks away.

Another 5 years pass and the head monk finds the man in the dormitory and says "Brother, it's been another 5 years. What is it that you wish to say?"

"Are the Rams in the Premier League yet?" the man replies.
Again the head monk shakes his head sorrowfully.

Yet another 5 years pass and the head monk sees the man and says "Another 5 years have passed. Have you anything to say?"

"Are the Rams in the Premier League yet?" says the man.

"I have good news" says the head monk "Now remember your vows, and no cheering now Brother Mel, but the Rams were promoted to the Northern Premier League last season and they are only 6 points behind table toppers Mickleover this season”.

I don’t think we need a statement at all as most of us know 

he wants to sell the club to someone who can genuinely fund it 

we can no longer expect expensive signings in terms of wages and transfer fees 

we have to look at any serious offer for players 

avoiding relegation will be the aim next season 

covid has killed all competitive football in the championship 

the EFL hate us as it seems most other clubs consider us cheats while secretly wanting us to teach the EFL a lesson.

I am sure there is more but we don’t need a statement to tell us that do we?

This is an extract from the last club statement after we survived.

But whilst this season has undoubtedly been a difficult one, there is a steely determination and burning desire from everyone at the club to restore that vital connection with its supporters, and to collectively take the Rams forward with a renewed sense of resilience and togetherness.

This is all we have to go on. The rest is media speculation including wether or not Alonso has gone (hope he has). Aside from the appeal everything we think we know from the last week has not been confirmed by any source.

I’ll wait til I know something concrete because quite honestly I’ve had my fill of the media making up worst case scenario’s all the time.

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t think we need a statement at all as most of us know 

he wants to sell the club to someone who can genuinely fund it 

we can no longer expect expensive signings in terms of wages and transfer fees 

we have to look at any serious offer for players 

avoiding relegation will be the aim next season 

covid has killed all competitive football in the championship 

the EFL hate us as it seems most other clubs consider us cheats while secretly wanting us to teach the EFL a lesson.

I am sure there is more but we don’t need a statement to tell us that do we?

I find it quite bizarre that people demand a statement to tell them what they already know.

Its more likely they want it down in writing so they can pick holes in and have another reason for slating the club.

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well mate I also grew up supporting Derby county I badly want to see us when a league and a cup one day but because of freaking virus.

I think we would all like that. Right now we are so far away from it but it could happen.

Although after the end to our season i'll settle for us winning a game or two, the league and cups can come later.

20 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well mate I also grew up supporting Derby county I badly want to see us when a league and a cup one day but because of freaking virus.

Mel should be honoured for trying so hard and for spending so.much of his own money on the Club that he loves.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mel should be honoured for trying so hard and for spending so.much of his own money on the Club that he loves.

He was valued at around £500m and still is. I've got no money, so I'm interested, what do super-rich people do with their money?

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He was valued at around £500m and still is. I've got no money, so I'm interested, what do super-rich people do with their money?

I think it’s been said before that he maybe worth something like £500m but that doesn’t mean he’s got such an amount in ready cash. I would imagine the vast majority of his “worth” is in the form of investments, property, business ownership etc.