Statement from Mel?

IslandExile

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s been said before that he maybe worth something like £500m but that doesn’t mean he’s got such an amount in ready cash. I would imagine the vast majority of his “worth” is in the form of investments, property, business ownership etc.

Poor him.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I think it’s been said before that he maybe worth something like £500m but that doesn’t mean he’s got such an amount in ready cash. I would imagine the vast majority of his “worth” is in the form of investments, property, business ownership etc.

Yet, he said during the 'Our day with Mel' thread on here that all his money was cash, not assets. 

He made a specific point of it, that he could write out a mind boggling cheque and have the bank account to honour it, unlike most other football club owners.

Admittedly that was 5 or so years ago,so he's probably invested the money into Debenhams and Arcadia.

8 hours ago, Rev said:

Yet, he said during the 'Our day with Mel' thread on here that all his money was cash, not assets. 

He made a specific point of it, that he could write out a mind boggling cheque and have the bank account to honour it, unlike most other football club owners.

Admittedly that was 5 or so years ago,so he's probably invested the money into Debenhams and Arcadia.

Perhaps he’s not as astute as we all thought he was then if he’s got c£500m just sitting around in cash. Seems incredibly unlikely but, if that’s what he said....

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Perhaps he’s not as astute as we all thought he was then if he’s got c£500m just sitting around in cash. Seems incredibly unlikely but, if that’s what he said....

Unlikely? These are actual images of Mel’s bed circulating on Twitter. He is so flush with cash that he actually waited for a day when Oak Furniture Land didn’t have a sale offer on to buy his bed.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f3fac6b01c9217305facb042ba250d6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don’t be silly. I’m not suggesting we should feel sorry for him. Just that I think it’s very unlikely he (or any one on rich lists) can easily turn a large proportion of their wealth into cash very easily.

happy girl GIF

As for the OP, statement: Mel will say what needs saying when it needs saying. Before then it will just be vapid wishes and cloaked intents and none of us want or need that.

As for his personal finances: Someone having cash and someone wanting to spend it are very different. None of us know how much of it he has already spent and how much more he is able to spend. What is clear is how much he remains willing to spend, which is as little as possible.

So the sooner the clear statement comes that he has sold the club, to someone credible and able (both of which would be an advance on the options already tabled) then great.

But fans getting impatient, because the new owners haven't ponied up the cash to splash in the summer window, is about as low down the list as it can be.

Edited by BaaLocks