Henry Gabay

Bubbles

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are we to assume payments have not been met and the club has automatically transferred to Gabay?

As much as I cant see that being the case, it would top off a cracking week.

The only thing that you can 'assume' is that Gabay had a charge on the company GELLAW NEWCO 202 LIMITED meaning you can also assume he lent the club a sum of money at that time. That may, or may not, have been paid off as it is quite common for the charge being satisfied not being registered on companies house.

I've said before, the great unwashed and Kieran Maguire should stay away from companies house until they've proven they understand the data.

3 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

The only thing that you can 'assume' is that Gabay had a charge on the company GELLAW NEWCO 202 LIMITED meaning you can also assume he lent the club a sum of money at that time. That may, or may not, have been paid off as it is quite common for the charge being satisfied not being registered on companies house.

I've said before, the great unwashed and Kieran Maguire should stay away from companies house until they've proven they understand the data.

You'd think that with (a) MM trying to sell the club and; (b) the matter being brought to the clubs attention, that they would have dealt with the issue at Companies House by now. 

6 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You'd think that with (a) MM trying to sell the club and; (b) the matter being brought to the clubs attention, that they would have dealt with the issue at Companies House by now. 

You'd would imagine that they should have tried but is it a priority? Do you need a signature from the lender, I've no idea. Just trying to help people understand what these things mean.

13 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

To clarify - That assumption should be that he lent GELLAW NEWCO 202 LIMITED money, not the club...

9 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

You'd would imagine that they should have tried but is it a priority? Do you need a signature from the lender, I've no idea. Just trying to help people understand what these things mean.

Its the borrower that registers the satisfaction of a charge.

Id say it is pretty important if you're trying to sell a company that it doesnt have any charges registered against it that have already been satisfied. 

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Its the borrower that registers the satisfaction of a charge.

Id say it is pretty important if you're trying to sell a company that it doesnt have any charges registered against it that have already been satisfied. 

Correct - And yes, probably.

22 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

You are right in most of everything you said in your emails above, but come on, yes, it would be an absolute priority to ensure any registered charge is removed upon being satisfied. From a practical lending perspective, where a further advance might be required, it would be important in terms of security prioritisation. MSD would certainly have wanted to see the charge satisfied, unless they have accepted a second legal charge for their advance.  Equally any potential investor, be it the Sheikh, the Spaniard, or Uncle Tom Cobley would want to see a satisfied charge removed if the underlying debt had been repaid. As I have never said, the great unwashed and Kieran Maguire should stay away from companies house until they've proven they understand the data.

Edited by i-Ram

8 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Both charges are 2019? Am I missing something?

Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

Yes my friend. This is not dissimilar to a house transaction. Let’s say you took a mortgage on your house, supplied by Nationwide. Nationwide would register the charge with the District Land Registry so that any interested parties would be aware, particularly a potential buyer. Now if you repaid the mortgage in 2020 because you won the pools (I am guessing your age) and repaid the mortgage the charge would become satisfied, and Nationwide would file a request to derigister. Your solicitor would want to ensure that was done too so that you are shown to be owning your property unencumbered.

Edited by i-Ram