What would you like from next season?

CBRammette

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My son and I were just talking before he went to bed. We would like a dull season - new owner, no EFL rubbish, no big star, just a team of professionals playing like a team with a nice boring mid-table position. Would that ever happen do you think? How about you?

New owner, massive transfer fees, huge expectations, new celebrity manager...then Mac or Wassall helping us escape relegation on the final day.

A first team built around Bielik, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Shinnie, Byrne and Buchanan with a squad built around Festy, Sibley, Knight, Bird, Roos, CKR. 

Competing in every match with far fewer capitulations. 

A pattern or style of play that we become better and better at as the season progresses. 

Fans back in the stadium. 

Just now, CBRammette said:

My son and I were just talking before he went to bed. We would like a dull season - new owner, no EFL rubbish, no big star, just a team of professionals playing like a team with a nice boring mid-table position. Would that ever happen do you think? How about you?

It did happen between 2009-13 but eventually there was significant supporter discontent.

I guess the good thing with this season is that it lowers expectations...suspect most people would be happy with a 10th placed finish next yr but doubt the fanbase would accept midtable beyond that. Between lowered expectations & a low wage bill/lean squad, there's a great opportunity to build here next season 

1 minute ago, LeedsCityRam said:

It did happen between 2009-13 but eventually there was significant supporter discontent.

I guess the good thing with this season is that it lowers expectations...suspect most people would be happy with a 10th placed finish next yr but doubt the fanbase would accept midtable beyond that. Between lowered expectations & a low wage bill/lean squad, there's a great opportunity to build here next season 

Just one season of no- drama will do fine!

Just now, Kinder said:

I’d like the same manager to start and finish the season and to feel confident he’s the right man to take us forward.

There have been some crazy hopes expressed so far, but that is just ridiculous!

(And this was actually the season we had some managerial stability going into a new season for once!)

We need to build a club and a team.  I don’t want to see us spending millions on a short term solution.  Get players in with the right attitude and character. Players who you know will give everything, every week, without fail.  Something we feel we have a connection with.  A team we can be proud of.

This might mean 2 or 3 seasons of mediocrity but that’s OK.  Let’s go up when we’re ready, with players who are capable of holding their own.

Let me assume we stick with Wazza as manager and the takeover completes. 

Then for next season I would like to see.... 

- progression for our young players who have gone backwards this season 

- better physical conditioning so we accrue fewer injuries

- a couple of astute lower price signings. Edmundsun and ideally a eustace clone

- a return of fans to the grounds

- a steady, but encouraging mid table finish. 

That'll do pig...that'll do.... ?