What would you like from next season?

CBRammette

I don’t know if this sounds weird but less ambition.

I’m fed up of the eternal chase for the Premier League and all of the short termism, risky moves and selling our soul to the devil that come with it.

Aim should be a top half finish.

We should be looking at signing lower league players again, go quality over quantity with loan signings. If we were going to make one big signing, it should be someone (likely a CB) who is brought in to be club captain. We never replaced Keogh.

Focus on bringing in players with the right mentality, build foundations for future success and build a competitive, hungry culture like the squad Clough left us with.

Clear out of some players. Don’t get sentimental about this last game, don’t offer new contracts to Waggy and Curtis. But if Curtis is interested in coaching, keep him at the club at all costs, without doubt he could be a great manager.

I’m avoiding the question of manager because I have sympathy with Rooney, just like I did with Cocu or any other manager that we could of hired to manage the circus. Derby County isn’t a club that’s setting up managers to have success, it’s been a poisoned chalice the past two years. Results have been appalling though, he got us into a last day of the season mess when Rotherham were trying their absolute best to bail us out.

And someone get on the phone to Paul Simpson to find out which young English players we should be signing, whether that be on loan or perm.

Edited by Leicester Ram

11 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Just one season of no- drama will do fine!

At one point yesterday (briefly) I did think at least we have something to play for on the last day, then I slapped myself, but honestly it did cross my mind. Then I went through that!!! And I thought never again ?

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Or two! 

And a proper old-fashioned no nonsense centre half who barks at his defence. 

Matt Clarke is great but he's no leader. 

And finally, please, please, please can we have a recognised striker who knows where the net is? 

?

Matt Clarke always plays better next to an experienced head or a leader. I remember at the start of Cocu's first season he looked excellent next to Keogh

1. Sort ownership. Stop treating the club like a distressed asset, so if selling takes time, let Rooney get on with it.

2. We urgently need two goal scoring forwards, one of which could be Gregory and ideally a young L1/L2 talent with something to prove. Also need minimum two CBs, possibly a third on loan.

3. Remaining recruitment should focus on not burning out young talent. Give them cover, protection.

4. Bielik needs a season to prove his fitness, so we should try and make the most of it and then probably sell him for a profit. But consider recruiting a viable backup now in case he is another Thorne.

5. Make a better start to the season. Even if heading for 14th a few decent results would go a long way to calming nerves.

For next year.......

players with real character who will stand up and be counted every game. 

Variety of striker options and the one massive miss we have from our team and that is PACE!! Pace with quality. 

One of our biggest challenges as a team this year was our complete inability to turn teams and have the defenders having to worry about more than just a lump up to CKZ. 

When you are so one dimensional you become easy to play against.

Coupled with our complete lack of ability to defend even averagely, that is also a massive area we need to focus on.