What would you like from next season?

CBRammette

A pacy striker, a midfield with at least 15 goals in them and some subs who aren't all making their debut. A centre half that terrifies everyone wouldn't go amiss either.  That lots quite expensive but they need to think about the loan market now before it's depleted.

A nice paddock for Forsyth to retire in as well. 

38 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A pacy striker, a midfield with at least 15 goals in them and some subs who aren't all making their debut. A centre half that terrifies everyone wouldn't go amiss either.  That lots quite expensive but they need to think about the loan market now before it's depleted.

A nice paddock for Forsyth to retire in as well. 

We have a few of those currently. I change my underwear 6 times a game. 

A takeover from a sensible, forward-thinking multi-billionare, allowing Mel to retire into the sunset knowing he bought a Championship club and is leaving a Championship club and has left it in good hands. 

In all honesty a season where the primary focus is the football would be a pleasant change of pace. Until the takeover is complete that can't happen, if Erik Alonso gets the keys to the castle that will simply never happen. We would be embroiled by off-the-field controversy and that would be the very best case scenario. 

Top 10 pushing strongly for playoffs with better football and more goals. 

A decent defence  wouldn't go amiss either, sick of us conceding so many crap goals from set pieces. 

Finishing in the Playoffs wouldn't be impossible if we have strong recruitment but anything 10th or higher id accept. 

A team with the physical and mental resilience to compete at this level would be nice for a start. Then for the players to stop repeatedly making the same poor decisions when in possession would be good. Finally a modicum of quality throughout the team would be a bonus.

Whether it's Rooney or AN Other, I want our manager to have identified and recruited the players the club will need to make them competitive for the coming season. I want them in place before the start of pre-season training, so they can prepare correctly for the new season. Something we haven't been able to do for the last few years.

As for the actual season, I will be happy if the team can consistently put in good solid performances and are never in the bottom half of the table. If we can also turn some of the solid performances into winning entertaining ones, then that would be a bonus.

My dream would be to reverse all the changes that have worked together to make owning a Championship club unsustainable. FFP/P&S, the transfer window, the Premier League (or the TV money split at least), parachute payments, clubs paying agent's fees and maybe even having loads of substitutes. 

Sadly that's not going to happen.  So really the best scenario would be a takeover to the best possible owners completed quickly, a new management team, the EFL stuff being settled and us dodging a points deduction.

And playing in blue shorts.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

A creative midfielder!

I Hope Please GIF

Or two! 

And a proper old-fashioned no nonsense centre half who barks at his defence. 

Matt Clarke is great but he's no leader. 

And finally, please, please, please can we have a recognised striker who knows where the net is? 

?