What would you like from next season?

CBRammette

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My son and I were just talking before he went to bed. We would like a dull season - new owner, no EFL rubbish, no big star, just a team of professionals playing like a team with a nice boring mid-table position. Would that ever happen do you think? How about you?

I know I can be petulant at times - I am very simplistic when it comes to football.  I just want us to be a side that scores goals. I’d settle for mid table as long as we were an exciting goal scoring side. That’s what I like to watch. I’ll take some bad games or thrown away points on the chin - in return for a greater number where it’s us that does the thrashing 

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

A wonderfully choreographed full stadium, holding up coloured cards in time with bombastic classical music, that makes authoritarian regimes across the globe green with envy.

Let’s start with March of the Dam Busters or 633 squadron .. Chuck a bit of Wagner and the Valkeries* in there and Bobs your uncle ?

*19thC scar band - really big back in the day

In the Times today there is a great article about The work done by Ismael at Barnsley. They got a young team just going for it all done on a shoestring.  Sounds like the place is buzzing. We got the young ones and good ones too i would just love to see the same thing happening at PP.

If not , i am with you, dull will do

31 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

My son and I were just talking before he went to bed. We would like a dull season - new owner, no EFL rubbish, no big star, just a team of professionals playing like a team with a nice boring mid-table position. Would that ever happen do you think? How about you?

I’d like us to have a really good goalkeeper 

Would be nice to have some inconsistency. Draw away, lose at home, win then lose away. Win the next home etc.

It seems that we either go on longish poor runs of forms, then things click for a while, only to return to a poor run.

Perhaps we have some good players short on belief and experience.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Completely unremarkable would be just fine. Start to build a squad of players to suit a set style and who can grow and improve.

One of those seasons where in 20 years, you can't really recall much happening. Pretty much the exact opposite of this one.

So you want Nigel back then

Steady progress.

Sensible signings.

A team that works hard and doesn't give in.

Academy players continuing to mature (Knight, Sibley Bird, Buchannan) or develop (Streton, Brown, Ebosele, Macdonnell).

IF Rooney is still manager, that he has learned and improved and starts to show some actual ability at managing.

IF the potato is mashed, we bring in a sensible manager.

The takeover to bring stability and sanity whoever it is (OK, shady boxing promoter giving it large on twitter whilst his bank account is frozen doesn't inspire confidance on that front).

Mid table finish without serious bottom three concerns.

46 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No Rooney or Leroy please