Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

If cocu had stayed we might still be on 6 points..

That's a bit harsh considering Cocu and Derby managed 64 points and 10th place last season. 

Cocu's miserable run at the start of the season was still marginally better than Rooney's end of season form.  I can't see any justification for believing Rooney will ever be a good manager, anywhere. There is simply nothing to back that up. I also can't understand why anyone would think we should give him another season at Derby to pursue his flailing managerial apprenticeship. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

And lots and lots didn't.

You don’t get many Managers getting a job in the top 2 divisions with no previous coaching or managerial experience, Lampard and Wazza are the exceptions rather than the rule. Most managers get their coaching badges and get a managerial job lower down the pyramid, non league or league 1/2....or others like Gerrard right at the bottom in the SPL...that’s where they learn and make the mistakes that Wazza is making...

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can you explain what his style is other than looking for 0-0???

I can’t, I was merely referring to comments WR made in press conferences about wanting to see his team play in a certain way following the more industrial approach he implemented at the beginning of his tenure. 

Edited by Orphanram

4 hours ago, Highgate said:

That's a bit harsh considering Cocu and Derby managed 64 points and 10th place last season. 

Cocu's miserable run at the start of the season was still marginally better than Rooney's end of season form.  I can't see any justification for believing Rooney will ever be a good manager, anywhere. There is simply nothing to back that up. I also can't understand why anyone would think we should give him another season at Derby to pursue his flailing managerial apprenticeship. 

The future of our club isn’t as important as the future managerial career of Englands record all time scorer!

6 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You don’t get many Managers getting a job in the top 2 divisions with no previous coaching or managerial experience, Lampard and Wazza are the exceptions rather than the rule. Most managers get their coaching badges and get a managerial job lower down the pyramid, non league or league 1/2....or others like Gerrard right at the bottom in the SPL...that’s where they learn and make the mistakes that Wazza is making...

problem is, Wayne doesn't realise the mistakes he's making

54 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

What do you think Rooney is doing..? He is getting his experience at a bottom of the champions team at a poo show of a club that is being run really badly by a bunch of jokers. 

Second division clubs that have been in the playoffs for the past 8 years and then are in the relegation zone are no place for a rookie. If you're happy having an unqualified inexperienced player managing us that's fine but I'm not.  Part of being run badly is getting a player to with no qualifications or record to manage this difficult situation and has led us to this situation. 

39 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Alan Shearer at Newcastle. He had a lot less games but couldn’t keep them up.

Fell on his sword and stuck to punditry

again kind of makes my point for me both in terms of how long ago it was and the end result. 

14 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

kind of makes my point for me... 

Not really, it's a relatively new concept for football managers in the UK to have qualifications isn't it? Plus Rooney is working towards his badges.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Not really, it's a relatively new concept for football managers in the UK to have qualifications isn't it? Plus Rooney is working towards his badges.

Roy where do you think this Rooney perception of him being a poor manager come from .

He can only work with the tools he has .

Big Sam hasn’t done any good at WBA but loads were touting him for Derby. .

Its bizarre really .

Just now, YouRams said:

Has any ex player turned manager had as bad a start in management as Rooney and gone on to be successful? I can’t think of any in recent years they just seem to fade away on to the sky sports punditry panel. 

Why do you think a team bottom of the League with Cocu can suddenly become world beaters .

3 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

no

What’s the point of badges. 

Brian Clough would have laughed at the thought and he was the greatest manager ever along with Sir Alex 

Edited by Curtains

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's not that new I don't think no i.e. not been implemented as of 5 years ago or less. Yes but he hasn't got them and hasn't had any full time coaching experience before he took the reigns here. That does have an impact- the fact we've got someone unqualified and with no full time experience literally learning on the job. That might be suitable for a club lower down the pyramid not in absolute dire straights but it's not suitable for us and it's shown by 2 wins in the last 15.