Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

One thing people aren't considering is compensation - it might be in the interest of Rooney and the club to go to Everton if we can get a couple of million compensation and means we don't have to sell players in Jan?

I think if Everton wanted him, essentially it's like any normal transfer. You get a fee for a manager like you would a player. So they'll bid a sum and we either accept it or decline, they don't have to buy out his contract. So they'd probably bid a low amount and quite frankly, I think we'd accept a low amount.

1 minute ago, jono said:

He’s interesting and “gets” young players but would he really be interested in a league 1 outfit ? 

Very good question. Would the opportunity to be a manager appeal ? Or is he happy to wait for Lampard to be offered a gig somewhere and continue being his assistant ? Didn’t I see him photographed playing a game for a team called the West London Rams last year ? I’m sure I did. I think he still tweets about DCFC. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Why?

His loyalty to DCFC, his permanent signings for DCFC were woeful except Shinnie (whom he never managed) 

Lets not be fooled, the football during the period when Mason Mount was unavailable was dreadful. 
We achieved what we did under him due to the loan signings and nothing else.

He was in my opinion the beginning of the whole mess we find ourselves in, poor signings and sheer poor management. The only good thing from that era was Jody Morris, he is the brains in the outfit and carried himself with dignity whereas FL left us hanging before dropping us right in the ?

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

No chance of Wazza getting the Everton job. Firstly his 27% win rate is appalling. Secondly , he is clearly a Man U fan . Not Everton. Thirdly there is much more money to be made from picking a club up for peanuts and turning things round.

He is an Everton fan.

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

His loyalty to DCFC, his permanent signings for DCFC were woeful except Shinnie (whom he never managed) 

Lets not be fooled, the football during the period when Mason Mount was unavailable was dreadful. 

He was in my opinion the beginning of the whole mess we find ourselves in, poor signings and sheer poor management. The only good thing from that era was Jody Morris, he is the brains in the outfit and carried himself with dignity whereas FL left us hanging before dropping us right in the ?

How on earth do you know Jody Morris was the brains of the outfit?

And surely he's just as 'disloyal' as Lampard?!

55 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Ah ha.. Is this the new speak for the dreaded vote of confidence from the board? 

That said, I'm not sure why Rooney would be linked. He's hardly set the world on fire in terms of results. I know it's not been an easy ride, but I'm not sure he's done enough to turn heads

28 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Thanks for taking time to explain.

I agree about Lampard's permanent signings - but the football when Mount was out was because the squad - as we found out later - was nowhere near good enough without any of those loanees.

And most people didnt blame him for going to "his" club. Like most people wouldn't blame Rooney if he went to Everton. That's irrespective of the mess we are in. And we were in the same mess behind the scenes under Lampard - it was just hidden.

That brings me onto the thing that I disagree with you most strongly about.....your statement: "He was in my opinion the beginning of the whole mess we find ourselves in"

It started long, long before Lampard - it's been covered in numerous threads so I am not going to rehash it here.

Lampard+Morris+loanees just took our eyes off the mess for one "fun" year.

49 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

The only good thing from that era was Jody Morris, he is the brains in the outfit

Those suggesting Morris without Lampard do not know what happened on the training ground, in team selections or at the bar in the Joiners.

Management duos work together. Each having different, complementary roles.

The classic example was Clough and Taylor.......a few of us lived through the in-sole-charge Peter Taylor era. Let's just say the role of manager did not suit him.

If you want lesser examples, look at Jason Tindell at Bournemouth after Howe left - just not suited to the top job.

So, please do not be influenced by who sent the better tweets.

Edited by IslandExile