Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Speaking so well on MNF. A few takes from it. 

- Out of 5 players contracted beyond this season 2 are options which we cannot take up while in administration. 
- Wants to build a squad at Derby and build over 2-3 years. 
- Wasn't happy how we were playing last season. 
- Wants to play possession based football. 
- Ref Ravel, says he’s been brilliant, when out the team he was great around the dressing room and with the kids. 
- How does he get to manage Manure or Everton - have belief in himself, says with Derby he’s developing as a manager/coach/person. 
- Got approached by Everton, felt it wasn’t the right time as he’s still developing. 

Speaks so well. 5/10 years ago you could never imagine him coming across as well as he does. 

Spoke really well but this was the key takeaway for me.  He wants the opportunity to build his own squad and bring success to this club over the next 2-3 years.  Him and CK seemed to get on and importantly, share the same vision, so if it really is CK, maybe this could be just what we need.  

1 minute ago, BucksRam said:

Spoke really well but this was the key takeaway for me.  He wants the opportunity to build his own squad and bring success to this club over the next 2-3 years.  Him and CK seemed to get on and importantly, share the same vision, so if it really is CK, maybe this could be just what we need.  

That’s my thinking. If it’s CK and WR stays I’d love to see who he gets in. I know we need a raft of new players but that could be a positive as it’s a clean slate. Maybe see Jags come back, a few loans through his contacts, retain some of the current squad and some permanents. As long as he can do it sooner rather than later to give him the full preseason to get them to gel. At least for the first time for a long time we won’t have any deadwood. 

27 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

That’s my thinking. If it’s CK and WR stays I’d love to see who he gets in. I know we need a raft of new players but that could be a positive as it’s a clean slate. Maybe see Jags come back, a few loans through his contacts, retain some of the current squad and some permanents. As long as he can do it sooner rather than later to give him the full preseason to get them to gel. At least for the first time for a long time we won’t have any deadwood. 

It is easy to see a route to a pretty solid L1 defence without having to take any signing risks.

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Clearly WR is a draw for players both youngsters on loan and seasoned pros like PJ. One would hope that with some certainty and ambition we could use the opportunity to reset in L1 and build a club with the culture and ethos we've shown this season. You've got to admire his leadership and determination. Hopefully he can retain that for a very different kind of campaign next season.

The club has a lot of potential and with the right plan and careful investment we could bounce back strongly. Obviously it's all in the balance and we will need to get clear of the admin bureaucracy ASAP...

7 hours ago, angieram said:

I've always thought this.

I don't read gossip and was amazed by some people's negative reactions to Rooney when we first signed him.

Pleased to see someone calling it out for what it is.

Ive never liked manu even disliked Beckam, but ive always liked wazza, the same with,gazza, proper working class boys, having to come to football the hard way.

1 minute ago, Kathcairns said:

Ive never liked manu even disliked Beckam, but ive always liked wazza, the same with,gazza, proper working class boys, having to come to football the hard way.

Working class kids don't come to football the hard way. They become doctors, lawyers etc the hard way. But not footballers.

9 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Working class kids don't come to football the hard way. They become doctors, lawyers etc the hard way. But not footballers.

Thats fine if you are bright enough to go to university,but a lot of inner city schoolkids don't get that chance.

I’ve just noticed that Wayne has now had a longer tenure than cocu. That makes him our longest serving manager since Steve mac (first stint) and second longest since Nigel cloudy. Admittedly in different circumstances he may have been fired last year, but I for one am glad that he’s had the opportunity to stock around for a bit longer and learn the ropes, despite the difficulties. It will be very interesting to see what the summer holds for him and what the plans might be for next season and beyond. Hope he stays!

7 minutes ago, Malty said:

I’ve just noticed that Wayne has now had a longer tenure than cocu. That makes him our longest serving manager since Steve mac (first stint) and second longest since Nigel cloudy. Admittedly in different circumstances he may have been fired last year, but I for one am glad that he’s had the opportunity to stock around for a bit longer and learn the ropes, despite the difficulties. It will be very interesting to see what the summer holds for him and what the plans might be for next season and beyond. Hope he stays!

Love predictive text.

1 hour ago, Malty said:

Let's hope Wazza rains for as long if not longer. 

9 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Clearly WR is a draw for players both youngsters on loan and seasoned pros like PJ. One would hope that with some certainty and ambition we could use the opportunity to reset in L1 and build a club with the culture and ethos we've shown this season. You've got to admire his leadership and determination. Hopefully he can retain that for a very different kind of campaign next season.

The club has a lot of potential and with the right plan and careful investment we could bounce back strongly. Obviously it's all in the balance and we will need to get clear of the admin bureaucracy ASAP...

The danger with this plan for us is that as soon as it begins to work he is offered a bigger job 

the danger for him is that if it doesn’t work he’s on an extended break on the beach 

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The danger with this plan for us is that as soon as it begins to work he is offered a bigger job 

the danger for him is that if it doesn’t work he’s on an extended break on the beach 

Derby is a big job. The only jobs bigger that I can see him wanting to go for is Everton and Man United. But he stated last night on Sky that he wants to build a squad over several years and have a proper go at it with Derby.

On 05/04/2022 at 17:16, Malty said:

Blimey.  Even auto-correct knows how dull that football was!   ?