Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, David said:

I was one of those. Having seen Lampard unable to turn Chelsea down, you sort of prepare for the inevitable that if they come calling he would be gone.

Who would blame him?

The fact he turned down even a chance to talk to them, well, I'm not sure we will ever see this level of loyalty again.

Agree but lets add the players who are on £4,500 Curtis and sadly Jags no more and the others, and the young lads who have turned the trees down.

Have not seen such loyalty for a manager within the club since Brian Cough, lets get the issues sorted and let Wayne transform the club, with the best in football. Thank you so much Wayne.

Rooney continues to ooze class with his commitment to this club - the people in it, us fans and how he speaks publicly.  He simply does not need to stay, bit he does.  I really hope he's part of the vision for whomever takes us over.  He has to be.    

16 minutes ago, David said:

I was one of those. Having seen Lampard unable to turn Chelsea down, you sort of prepare for the inevitable that if they come calling he would be gone.

Who would blame him?

The fact he turned down even a chance to talk to them, well, I'm not sure we will ever see this level of loyalty again.

I totally agree David..just had a feeling he would stay. But I'm not sure there is another manager on the planet that would have dealt with it in a similar manner.

He has installed loyalty and commitment to the players who have performed outstandingly whilst chaos goes on all around them, we the supporters give our love and thanks for that commitment and if he had walked I fear a massive crumble of confidence would have occurred with players wanting to move on. He is a major reason people want to buy Derby county to go alongside the loyalty of the supporters, 30,000 attending for a nonsense 1-30 kick off on a Sunday against Birmingham city when given a minus 21 start - wow 

Once a Ram always a RAM 

Incredible. Regardless of what happens to us, for what this man has given to the club in our darkest hour, he will be remembered as a Derby legend. I cannot express my admiration for the bloke. He's inspiring.

I really hope he gets the chance to have a fair crack at things with us. I have a feeling it could be very special.

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Worth remembering what a lot or posters were posting about nine months ago ! 

100%, I was quite open and vocal about the fact I didn't want him in charge this year. I am so glad I have been proved wrong, this humble pie tastes good. Shows what I know. As vocal as I was about not wanting him I have been vocal in how important he is and how grateful I am he is here and as I posted earlier there is no one I would rather have in charge today.

I am so glad he is with us.