Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, td_evans said:

None of our players, coaching staff, or Wayne Rooney owe Derby County anything. They've had months where wages have gone unpaid, have had broken promises of squad reinforcements, yet in those circumstances they still go out there on a Saturday and have given us some of the most enjoyable football. Football which is played with passion and commitment, and that's all we can ask for.

If Rooney, Rosenior, or any of our players get a better offer, which can secure or further their career – then good luck to them. They have themselves to look after, but have looked after our club when we needed it.

Wages unpaid - no they haven't. Are you Steve Gibson?

They were a few days late one year ago and that was the only month they were late.

28 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Sorry im disappointed in him right there that was a little McClarenesque again . Totally sick of all players and managers not having any loyalty what so ever . There is a right time to go and right now is not the right time for Mr Rooney . 

Wait, please tell me we're not questioning Rooney's loyalty now? The bloke has been through more in his year in charge that some will go in their entire career and stood by us when it could quite easily have gone tits up with the academy players leaving him looking hopeless!

Any Championship manager is taking the Everton job, not one of them would turn it down, but for Rooney he has that extra connection being his boyhood club and won't know if this opportunity would ever come around again.

If this was a Birmingham City, I would get the anger but it's more than that, and if you're honest and putting yourself in that position you would do the same.

Of course we all sat here want what's best for this club, right now that is for Rooney to stay, Rooney has to do what is best for his career and family and Cheshire to Everton is an easier commute which = more family time. Let's not forget here the blokes a human, just like us all.

I hate that he's even being asked, we know the answer and it puts him in an awkward position, if he sits there and says I swear on my kids life I'm not going to Everton and reveals a Ram tattoo on his hairy backside, the Everton hierarchy would get the message and leave him be. He would also look a fool saying yes I want the job, Everton may not even be interested and it's just the media, what does that say to the players on the eve of a game with their local rivals whilst the clubs existence is under threat.

I seriously HATE, that has even been brought up, especially today as we don't need any negativity around the players and management. 

I'm of the opinion he will stay but nothing wrong with keeping his options open if the worst happens and we are liquidated in February. I don't think we will be but it's been shambolic enough that nothing is a certainty and Rooney has been given enough false promises by the Admins, who could blame him for keeping the door open?

After this season and the year in charge Rooney owes us nothing, we owe him far more for how he has handled it all. He certainly doesn’t deserve criticism. If this past week has taught us anything it’s that we need to stick together now more than ever. The adversity this season has galvanised the team, this past week should galvanise the fans. 

5 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I'm of the opinion he will stay but nothing wrong with keeping his options open if the worst happens and we are liquidated in February. I don't think we will be but it's been shambolic enough that nothing is a certainty and Rooney has been given enough false promises by the Admins, who could blame him for keeping the door open?

No-one? Well it seems some do, and the door hasn't even been knocked on yet!

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anyone wetting the bed if Rooney goes to Everton needs to give their head a wobble. If my employer was in administration with an uncertain future and someone offered me a more lucrative and secure opportunity I'd certainly be taking it, and I suspect almost everyone on this forum would in the same position. Why should I hold Rooney to a higher standard than I hold myself?

A lot of fans were not happy when he was appointed but he has been a revalation. He has put pride back in the players and fans and i for one wish him the best in whatever he does. Thankyou Wayne.

35 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Wages unpaid - no they haven't. Are you Steve Gibson?

They were a few days late one year ago and that was the only month they were late.

Their December 2020 wage wasn't paid until the 25th January. They also deferred their wages in April 2020. There is now further talk of a wage deferral.

How many days late would you be happy with your Christmas wages being? And if there was an opportunity of wages paid on time, with a more secure longer term contract, would you take it?

Edited by td_evans

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Anyone wetting the bed if Rooney goes to Everton needs to give their head a wobble. If my employer was in administration with an uncertain future and someone offered me a more lucrative and secure opportunity I'd certainly be taking it, and I suspect almost everyone on this forum would in the same position. Why should I hold Rooney to a higher standard than I hold myself?

? this. 100%

6 minutes ago, td_evans said:

Their December 2020 wage wasn't paid until the 25th January. They also deferred their wages in April 2020. There is now further talk of a wage deferral.

How many days late would you be happy with your Christmas wages being? And if there was an opportunity of wages paid on time, with a more secure longer term contract, would you take it?

I’m sure I read somewhere that the sponsors had stumped up money ahead of time for his wages to help us through.

I am as far from being ITK as you can possibly be, but on this one particular issue I have a loose connection (through multiple people) to Stephen Pearce. I heard through that particular grapevine that Wayne Rooney voluntarily approached the club shortly after administration, asking to significantly reduce his wages in an attempt to save jobs of others at the club. I don’t believe this is “new” news, and we can never know for sure. But I choose to believe it’s true, and I think it’s worth reminding ourselves of that. 

In this whole sorry mess, nearly everyone has made mistakes or done something they shouldn’t (Mel Morris, the EFL, Steve Gibson, Quantuma, Stephen Pearce- the list goes on). Wayne Rooney, and the players alongside him, are probably one of the only people who cannot be questioned. Their dedication and desire is on show every week, and is reflected in the league table, and in the fact we’ve lost no more players this week. No-one can seriously question Rooney’s character.

Now I’ve said all that, I give it 2 hours until Rooney is confirmed at Everton and Knight is confirmed somewhere else ? 

Wayne Rooney is a man whose actions speak louder than words. I for one will not be condemning him for something he DIDN’T say. I fall squarely in the camp of the Rooney converts, amazed at what he has achieved, and am prepared to wait and see. Also, I could not blame him if he did go. The last year was more than most managers could have stomached and the fact he is still here now, means I will have nothing but admiration for the man.

1 hour ago, td_evans said:

Some of it was partially paid on time, other bits of it came in later in Jan.

Thats not ‘months’ as was the claim. An agreed deferral, which probably just about every club probably did at Champ level, doesn’t mean their late. 

If I was Lawrence, whose earning £1.4 millions year, and I genuinely cared about the current project and I knew I would get multiple opportunities as a free agent in the future where his own bargaining power becomes significantly better, then yes I’d stay if I knew the club would be surviving. 

14 minutes ago, wrootram said:

Wayne Rooney is a man whose actions speak louder than words. I for one will not be condemning him for something he DIDN’T say. I fall squarely in the camp of the Rooney converts, amazed at what he has achieved, and am prepared to wait and see. Also, I could not blame him if he did go. The last year was more than most managers could have stomached and the fact he is still here now, means I will have nothing but admiration for the man.

I am a Wazza convert. I would like him to stay but if he goes good luck to him ?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am a Wazza convert. I would like him to stay but if he goes good luck to him ?

I am the same. At the end of last season, I wanted him and the associated media circus out of Derby, but he has galvanised this club and I have thoroughly enjoyed this season (on the field I should add).  If he goes to Everton, he goes with my good wishes and gratitude.

Edited by Wistaston Ram