Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Totally unlikely.

SSN Rob Dorsett has just been on with a quite reasonable summary of the situation.

He makes clear that NONE of the three potential buyers will touch us with the (unquantified) claims hanging over the Club.

Liquidation I’m afraid then. I don’t see these 2 clubs dropping there claims especially middlesborough with that statement today

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Liquidation I’m afraid then. I don’t see these 2 clubs dropping there claims especially middlesborough with that statement today

Then the EFL would have to bring their 'flexible' Solvency rules up to date and allow us to 'class-cram' (is the phrase?) Boro and Wycombe claims to zero. There has been an MPs comment in the House about how HMRC would get nothing if we are liquidated. There was another comment about how the EFL regs weren't up to date. Doesn't take much to put them together when Q have already tried this once.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then the EFL would have to bring their 'flexible' Solvency rules up to date and allow us to 'class-cram' (is the phrase?) Boro and Wycombe claims to zero. There has been an MPs comment in the House about how HMRC would get nothing if we are liquidated. There was another comment about how the EFL regs weren't up to date. Doesn't take much to put them together when Q have already tried this once.

How long does this take though. If it’s longer than 2 weeks it’s not much use 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

How long does this take though. If it’s longer than 2 weeks it’s not much use 

Well hopefully Q are looking for funding. But we have to hope that with pressure on them the EFL drop the Feb 1st date and allow more time.

Just now, angieram said:

Wayne Rooney seems to have learned quite a bit about what not to do when you start off in management from Frank Lampard's time at Derby.

Hopefully that includes not rushing off to one of the big clubs until you're ready! 

duck the big clubs, I just hope he doesn’t go to Everton!

46 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I doubt he would go to Everton at the moment, they are in a mess behind the scenes, he is better off building his reputation here. Anybody with sense would tell him that.

Pot, Kettle and Black.

Have you been following what's been happening here for the last two years? ? 

FWIW I think/hope the same. The job will be available again in 12 months. Once he's helped us pull off the great escape!

32 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Slightly bizarre that Rob Dorsett's very negative piece was aired after the start of the MPs Urgent questions in Parliament.

I'd be interested to see what he had to think about the situation after what was said by the MPs, but I guess we won't hear any more from him today, as the potential momentum shift could make him look stupid.

Sky are just as implicit in ruining football as the EFL are! 

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I hope the lad stays and carries on here s I actually think it’s best for him but the timing is dreadful 

Well if Everton are refusing to pay £2M compensation for Martinez I guess the compo would be the same for Rooney.

plus I don’t think Derby would allow it unless Rooney himself intervened and said let me speak to them. 

He’s really got nothing to lose only the possibility that he is jumping up a level too far away for him at the moment 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

My biggest concern is the morale of the players if he does go. In my view he is currently the glue holding them all together, if he goes then more than a few players might decide they want to go as well.

All of our hopes would be resting on Curtis 

The idiot at the Dispatch Box was just like a broken record and typical of a politician not wanting to do or say anything that would be seen by those in power as critical of the Governments' stance. However, for all the laudable support from MPs both local and representing constituencies outside the East Midlands area, no potential buyer will be prepared to commit to an undertaking to buy the Club with the anchor of possible claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe threatening to drown us.

The owners of these 2 clubs (farcically) hold the future existence of Derby County in their hands. As I see it they have 2 choices - drop the threat of their claims or, no matter how unjustified most football fans think their money-grabbing antics are, enter into discussion with the administrators and submit a figure which would be acceptable to them. At least then the administrators can let potential buyers decide whether they can go forward, knowing the actual cost - and yes, this is in effect, blackmail.

Should this great club of ours cease to exist in its current form, I hope these 2 gentlemen are ready for the probable repercussions which may well come their way. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

The idiot at the Dispatch Box was just like a broken record and typical of a politician not wanting to do or say anything that would be seen by those in power as critical of the Governments' stance. However, for all the laudable support from MPs both local and representing constituencies outside the East Midlands area, no potential buyer will be prepared to commit to an undertaking to buy the Club with the anchor of possible claims from Middlesbrough and Wycombe threatening to drown us.

The owners of these 2 clubs (farcically) hold the future existence of Derby County in their hands. As I see it they have 2 choices - drop the threat of their claims or, no matter how unjustified most football fans think their money-grabbing antics are, enter into discussion with the administrators and submit a figure which would be acceptable to them. At least then the administrators can let potential buyers decide whether they can go forward, knowing the actual cost - and yes, this is in effect, blackmail.

Should this great club of ours cease to exist in its current form, I hope these 2 gentlemen are ready for the probable repercussions which may well come their way. 

You must have watched a different show to me. I thought the guy was pretty good.  

I hope if he does go for an “interview” with Everton, it would be out of courtesy to a club he obviously has a strong affiliation with. Whether that’s expressing his desire to be there in the future and not just palming them off, or even agreeing to move at the end of the season.

Wayne, his staff and even his family have bought into Derby County. For him to leave in the middle of this extraordinary battle when he’s carrying us so remarkably would hurt a hell of a lot. For us and I imagine for him too, even if he’s a success at Everton, if things don’t go well here he will always have a feeling of “what if?” in the back of his mind. He’s closer to a historical achievement with us than I think he’ll ever be with Everton.

For me, if he leaves, hope leaves with him.

However, if he does, im grateful for all he has done and wish him all the best. He's already gone far beyond what could have been expected, achieved more than could be hoped and stood proud and unbowed in the face of not just difficult circumstances, but whilst having events outside his control repeated making his position untenable - there are any number of times he'd have been well within his rights to say it's not reasonable or decent to expect me to carry on in this situation. 

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Options appear to be, negotiate with the clubs making claims (why the hell have Q not even been in discussions? more pathetic management by them)

Or go through the EFL process, which takes time, in which case, get selling some assets; as should have happened before now when teams didn't have as strong a position as they do now.  So the club can generate the combination of income/savings to evidence the season can be seen out.