Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I suspect if he leaves it will be because Everton have offered significant compensation that would (along with the saving in his wages) help meet the EFL requirement to demonstrate we can survive til the end of the season - however much he may want to stay and see the job through, it may be taken out of his hands….?

Edited by Gaspode

If Everton agree to pay £7m in compensation and Rosinior & the rest of the back room staff are allowed to stay put we should let him go. Other than that they can get funked!!! 

I’d rather he stop, as he’s done/is going an amazing job but if it meant we still had a club at the end of the season then it’s a no brainer. 

Of course it’s a moot point as the Toffies won’t throw that kinda dosh as they’ve probably had to pay that to Rafa to leave, so it’ll be down to Wayne whether he stays or goes. Hopefully he’s seen how Fwank’s reputation is in the toilet since he jumped ship too soon

If they offer it him he’s gone. I had full belief that Lampard would do the right thing by us and look how that turned out. 

Rooney seems to want to stay not matter what but Everton/Man Utd will be too tempting. 

As for the compo i reckon we’d get no more than £2m. But hopefully that’s irrelevant as they’ll go for Martinez ?

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Martinez 6/4

Rooney 4/1

Even better news..

I think Everton have bigger ambitions and will want a manager with a bit more of a proven record of success. Hiring Ancelotti was an example of this, so Martinez makes more sense in this respect.