Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"...For now, Wayne has enough on his hands with Derby before he starts thinking too much about taking the leap to the Premier League.

“I’ve spoken to Van Gaal, to Moyesy, to Alex Ferguson. Not so much for advice, more for a bit of feedback. It’s hard for them to give advice because when you’re where this club is, in administration, it’s very different from a normal manager’s job. We’ve got staff losing jobs. We’re in a transfer window where, if things aren’t sorted, other teams can pick off our players.

“There was a potential owner, the American guy Chris Kirchner, who has pulled out now. He’d been to a few games. He’d made me aware of his plans, which suited my plans, but for his own reasons he pulled out. As far as I’m aware, there are another two who have put in decent bids to take over the club. I’m not aware who they are, but I’m hoping there is some movement very soon because, at the minute, it’s impossible for me to plan.”

And yet, Wayne isn’t telling me how unfair it all is. He doesn’t come across as feeling sorry for himself. He isn’t whinging. He is just getting on with it."

Marriott was already gone at that point wasn’t he? Rooney just didn’t take the opportunity to recall him or sent him back to Sheff Wednesday once he’d finished his treatment.

The permanent leavers were Holmes, Evans and Whittaker but he said he’d liked to have kept Evans but he left as he couldn’t be guaranteed games.

So I am guessing Holmes and Whittaker. May explain why Whittaker has now had to drop to the bottom of League 1 for games despite being talented.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Marriott was already gone at that point wasn’t he? Rooney just didn’t take the opportunity to recall him or sent him back to Sheff Wednesday once he’d finished his treatment.

The permanent leavers were Holmes, Evans and Whittaker but he said he’d liked to have kept Evans but he left as he couldn’t be guaranteed games.

So I am guessing Holmes and Whittaker. May explain why Whittaker has now had to drop to the bottom of League 1 for games despite being talented.

Actually the wording would hint more towards Whittaker and Holmes

Holmes most certainly as he was talking to Huddersfield way before he left, I'd wager WR knew this and shown him where the exit is, Wouldn't have thought that Whittaker had it in him to be awkward ?‍♂️, As for the other one...I reckon Conner Sammon?

I have to say that I'm quite impressed with the way Rooney apparently handled the situation regarding shipping out these two players. It's the right call not to name names, but it does absolutely no harm being candid about the experience and lets it be known that he won't hesitate to act if someone has a poor attitude.

I think Rooney basically expected more from Whittaker in that game where he subbed him as a sub saying it was Rooney’s fault for putting him on the pitch - basically he expected more from him and was rather disappointed - Whittaker now has a challenge on to be a footballer in the professional game in my opinion - obvious that Holmes was the other one ! Whilst Marriott was basically gone anyway at Sheffield Wednesday then out of contract