Tom Lawrence

belperram9

If you put him under someone like Bielsa then I’ve no doubt he would be a top player. He has all the attributes to be a great player but lacks the direction and fight.

In a Leeds team he would be very good. 

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Those 3 goals put us in a lead position to win 3 games .

2 of them did.

He contributed to Swansea's winner on Saturday.

Lost his man a couple of times against Birmingham too although not sure they contributed to their goals.

He is not switched on when defending. 

Edited by G STAR RAM

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Isn't the reason why we have only scored 33 goals because we have too many potential threats and not enough actual threats?

No, its because our actual threats have been mismanaged. Someone with the shooting ability of Sibley being constantly messed around, played out of position & consequently sitting on just one goal for the season for example. Knight reduced to busywork facing his own goal, also often played out of position. Those 2 should be good for 10 goals between them if used at all correctly.

Coaxing just one more goal from any of our players in the last 10, 15, 20 games could have seen us safe by now, it's not asking for a lot 

Edited by Coconut

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

No, its because our actual threats have been mismanaged. Someone with the shooting ability of Sibley being constantly messed around, played out of position & consequently sitting on just one goal for the season for example. Knight reduced to busywork facing his own goal, also often played out of position. Those 2 should be good for 10 goals between them if used at all correctly.

Coaxing just one more goal from any of our players in the last 10, 15, 20 games could have seen us safe by now, but we've gone into so many matches seemingly without any plan as to how to actually score.

This is why I struggle to get too annoyed at Tom Lawrence switching off at the back post for Swansea’s right back to score. He isn’t a defender, yes he probably should do better but we put so much pressure on not conceding goals because we have no plan to actually score them. As soon as we do, we immediately retreat back into our shells and then change our style the next week. 

I don’t think the players are great but Christ it seems like playing for Derby at the minute must be an impossible task. Manager wants you to play with a fluid front four v Blackburn then route one v Birmingham.

2 hours ago, Mckram said:

If you put him under someone like Bielsa then I’ve no doubt he would be a top player. He has all the attributes to be a great player but lacks the direction and fight.

In a Leeds team he would be very good. 

He wouldn’t get a look in at Leeds.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Really .

You have been watching the pundits on SkySports too much. 

Not really sure how you conclude that?

It was Lawrence's man, he was stood 5 yards from him but showed a complete lack of concentration and was ball watching. 

If you look back through the last 4 or 5 matches you will find at least 1 instance per match of him doing it.

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Coaxing just one more goal from any of our players in the last 10, 15, 20 games could have seen us safe by now, it's not asking for a lot 

Who is supposed to be creating the chances?

Id say your wide men should certainly be contributing.

For someone that has played as a wide attacker or number 10, I have to say TLs number of assists in his time here is highly embarrassing. 

Johnny Russell Was often scapegoated by our fans but I would imagine his assists were way higher than TLs.

He was flying before the sending off last season that in tandem with Waggy's lunacy, derailed a potential charge into the play offs. He's been injured most of the season and carrying niggles even when playing for a chunk of it but folk would rather look at those games than the half dozen where he's been fully fit and match sharp! 

He's currently by far and away our most potent attacking threat and by that, I mean he can actually put the ball in the net. With Colin flagging, who else is there, of those that Rooney chooses to start at least?

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes the goal was good, if he had shown the same desire in tracking back with his man we may have walked away with a point. 

3 goals and 0 assists in 22 appearances this season does not shout out as being a huge goal threat to me.

In a side that’s only scored 33 and sit 4th bottom his numbers were hardly going to be inspiring. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

In a side that’s only scored 33 and sit 4th bottom his numbers were hardly going to be inspiring. 

But surely that is part of the reason that we have only scored 33 goals.

To put things in perspective, Scott Malone has 2 more goals and 2 more assists than Tom Lawrence this season.