Tom Lawrence

belperram9

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure if I have missed something here but why is he the only reason we have a chance of staying up?

Isnt part of his job to track back with his man? Something he didnt do properly for Swansea's winner.

I guess he’s the only Player without a dodgy hip that we can count on actually being a goal threat? 

That header at the weekend was the most determined any of our players had looked for months. 

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I guess he’s the only Player without a dodgy hip that we can count on actually being a goal threat? 

That header at the weekend was the most determined any of our players had looked for months. 

Yes the goal was good, if he had shown the same desire in tracking back with his man we may have walked away with a point. 

3 goals and 0 assists in 22 appearances this season does not shout out as being a huge goal threat to me.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Isn't the reason why we have only scored 33 goals because we have too many potential threats and not enough actual threats?

Considering how injury hit his season has been and that he’s come in and out of a side playing at rock bottom I don’t think it’s fair to judge him by the total number of Goals we’ve scored.

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Considering how injury hit his season has been and that he’s come in and out of a side playing at rock bottom I don’t think it’s fair to judge him by the total number of Goals we’ve scored.

No thats fair comment, he should only be judged on his own merits.

In a run of 14 games prior to his injury he scored 0 goals.

Isnt he part of the reason we were playing at rock bottom?

I genuinely dont even dislike the guy.

I just think the fact the fact that people still say thinks like 'we've seen what he is capable of at Ipswich' 4 years after he signed for us tells you pretty much all you need to know about his time here.

Not a big Lawrence fan but that’s because we paid £5m for him. He is what he is which is an average to good championship player. But by god he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet for Saturday. One of the 3 players in our squad that seems to understand that in order to score you have to shoot.

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Not a big Lawrence fan but that’s because we paid £5m for him. He is what he is which is an average to good championship player. But by god he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet for Saturday. One of the 3 players in our squad that seems to understand that in order to score you have to shoot.

But less than half of his shots hit the target and less than 1 in 10 end up in the back of the net.

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

The frustrating thing with T.L is that he has not improved one bit since the day he came. We have seen him have a defender so many times in a 1v1 situation . But he is a one trick pony, comes in on his right foot. He will never be a top 6 championship player till he can have a go with his left foot.

Why do you blame Lawrence for Swansea’s 2nd goal .  For a start the cross was allowed to come in from the other side.  It was a great cross and a great strike by Roberts. Lawrence tried to get there but where was the LB. Time and again whoever plays at LB like Buchanan or Forsyth they are always outwitted.  Lawrence scored a great goal and really celebrated. That’s not the action of a player who doesn’t care.

WE won’t go down IMO 

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Who else scores or even looks like scoring. Lawrence shouldn’t be the scapegoat. 

He isn't a scapegoat.

We can neither defend nor attack, Id by no means single out Lawrence for our current predicament. 

Thing is though when people say he looks a threat or is our player most likely to score its not really backed up by much other than hope.

Edited by G STAR RAM

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

He isn't a scapegoat.

We can neither defend nor attack, Id by no means single out Lawrence for our current predicament. 

Think is though when people say he looks a threat or is our player most likely to score its not really backed up by much other than hope.

He’s scored 3 goals since he returned.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He isn't a scapegoat.

Think is though when people say he looks a threat or is our player most likely to score its not really backed up by much other than hope.

Or by the fact he has scored 3 of our last 4 goals

6 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

Is there really such a thing as a poor man's Tom Ince?

Lawrence - he's a wide man, or at least he's played there most of his time here.

Zero assists this season.

Have a go at him for that now .

Oh ok