Tom Lawrence

belperram9

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

3 bin bags blowing across the pitch would be more entertaining, cover more ground and cause more of a threat to the opposition ?

So what we've learned here is that you have a rather odd interest in bin bags and while you want Lawrence gone, you haven't a clue as to how we'd replace him, nor with whom. Hmmm...

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So what we've learned here is that you have a rather odd interest in bin bags and while you want Lawrence gone, you haven't a clue as to how we'd replace him, nor with whom. Hmmm...

One could equate Lawrence as rubbish without the bin bag,

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Been here 4 seasons now, so we pretty much know what we are going to get. 

OK player but nothing really more. Wonder how many of the add ons in his deal we'll end up paying.... 

Hopefully we didn't put a relegation add on into the deal when we bought him.

hes an attacker. not a denfender. 

he’s always been a 1 good game in 5 player. thats why he plays for us. anything more he’d be in the premership. 

he needs to be player to build around next season. he’s always been marmite with Derby fans. it does my head in. 

yes hes not not tom ince, but people didnt like him either. perhaps next season we should get sterling or mbappe cutting in from the wing

give the lad a break  

4 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

exactly. ok see my previous post about his defending. but he put put head were most players wouldnt put their mum. 

we are not going down because of tom lawerance. he did his job yesterday. the defence didnt 

So if we concede it's the back four to blame and nobody else?

11 hours ago, belperram9 said:

To be fair to him he has done okay since coming back from injury. Scored 3 goals but still see shades of his useless self, shooting from 50 yards out, not getting involved with play, petulance etc.

If we go down I’d cash in if we could. My friend is a Cardiff fan and he has heard that Mick McCarthy is keen to bring him in. Makes sense really, scored a hatful of goals under him at Ipswich. Would be playing in his home country as well so would be a no brainier move for him. 

Agree with everything you said with the exception of “ cash in “ , not sure what he’s worth to be honest as we paid for an emerging talent that never came to fruition. 
If his wage is what I hear it is then cash out might be a better term, he’s always dissapointed and is clearly a very complex man

Majority of the criticism he receives is unfair IMO, driven by the fact he has at times shown glimpses of real star quality. Why can’t he do this consistently people say? If he did he wouldn’t be here - simple. He had an excellent season last season double figures goals good number of assists, his stats were up there with anyone in the championship in his position. Yet didn’t get any credit in the eyes of many. The reason many managers have picked him is not strange - it’s because they see what he brings to the team.

He hasn’t had a bad season for Derby until this one but then he’s not the only player we’re saying that about. Since coming back after the international break he’s scored three goals. He’s stepping up, but he didn’t track back for the second goal against Swansea, even Garry Monk (whatever your opinion of how good or not he is a player with hundreds of games experience and a football manager and therefore much more qualified than the majority on here) was placing more blame for that goal at Fozzy but it suits the anti-Lawrence narrative to blame him and forget the great goal he scored where he showed a tonne of desire to win a header to score when his aerial ability is a weak point of his game.

That all being said I think it’s the time for him to move on, he’s on big wages we need to cut our cloth accordingly and I don’t think he will be any better than what we’ve seen, he’s a top half/top 6 championship player. We’d be better placed trying to unearth a replacement either from the academy or from the lower leagues. 

If we go down we’ll have no choice 

I find him infuriating  because he gets into good positions, and instead of picking the simple option, fires it 40 yards out into the stands. Far too often.

Much as I don't like to agree with @MuespachRam, if he was as good as he thinks he is, he'd be in the Prem scoring 20 a season. If he had a bit of awareness of his limitations, maybe he'd make better decisions and we'd capitalise on his good work more.

Last few games he has played, he has been totally anonymous for long periods. I literally forgot he was playing on Saturday until nearly half-time. 

Too much of a passenger for the majority of his career here. Think people say he gets stick because he is capable of magic but I think the opposite...the occasional piece of excellence has hidden the vast bulk of his shooting from distance and not influencing the game. 

10 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

There are a lot worse players than Tom Lawrence in our squad.

There's an entire team of worse players. Showing that he's better - that's another matter.

Edited by Eddie

8 hours ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

I find it bizarre that we’re now criticising the player who is currently the only reason we have a chance of staying up 

Not sure if I have missed something here but why is he the only reason we have a chance of staying up?

6 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

exactly. ok see my previous post about his defending. but he put put head were most players wouldnt put their mum. 

we are not going down because of tom lawerance. he did his job yesterday. the defence didnt 

Isnt part of his job to track back with his man? Something he didnt do properly for Swansea's winner.