Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

21 hours ago, richinspain said:

Probably get a few comments from the purists, but got my 60th birthday present sorted 

924691CF-DEEB-4D30-832B-D43C1B908F42.jpeg.69671ecd87e8c3ee7cda88fbb2db6e4e.thumb.jpeg.2ef7b23274dede2f745c72a502b8dae6.jpeg

Happy Birthday Pedro, whenever it falls. I sent the wife off to Wembley with a friend to watch them; she loved it. If they would play songs from their first 2 albums at a small venue in Brighton or London I would kill you for a Coldplay ticket.

Edited by ThePrisoner

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Happy Birthday Pedro, whenever it falls. I sent the wife off to Wembley with a friend to watch them; she loved it. If they would play songs from their first 2 albums at a small venue in Brighton or London I would kill you for a Coldplay ticket.

June the 6th, so actually a couple of weeks after the concert. Yes, I prefer their older stuff but they're still one of the groups that I really want to see. I've been over here for 25 years now and apart from a few Spanish groups in local fiestas I've not really been to a gig since. I'm really looking forward to this.

The Manics played in Valencia about 4 years ago, but I only found out about it the same day. They are on my list of to see groups live as well.

8 hours ago, richinspain said:

June the 6th, so actually a couple of weeks after the concert. Yes, I prefer their older stuff but they're still one of the groups that I really want to see. I've been over here for 25 years now and apart from a few Spanish groups in local fiestas I've not really been to a gig since. I'm really looking forward to this.

The Manics played in Valencia about 4 years ago, but I only found out about it the same day. They are on my list of to see groups live as well.

The sister-in-law and husband went to Wembley last weekend and said it was ducking brilliant.

So when they announced dates for June in Manchester next year the wife was online for an eternity but got 4 tickets.

I think she thinks I'll be going, but quite honestly I'd rather sandpaper my ears down to bloody stumps.

16 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Years ago I remember a front cover of Shortlist Magazine headlined "The Rise of the Beta Male". Among their examples were Chis Martin and Mark Zuckerberg, two guys at the top of their industries with zero charisma or vision. I think the lead singer of Keane was there too, unless that was "The New Beige" (which was another cover featuring Adele and Chris Martin again. Probably Ed Sheeran too). The ironic thing about the show the X-Factor was it was only interested in people who could sing and were pliable enough to be packaged - none of the winners ever had the X-Factor - and that seems so much of the music business now, very much including dullard Chris.

But @i-Ramis right there were decent songs on the first two albums. I did see them play Glastonbury in 2002 and it was an OK gig, but not bothered with them since: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2002/worthy-farm-pilton-england-73d65ebd.html 

But although they're not for me, I hope @richinspainhas an absolutely fantastic birthday time. 

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Just had a couple of lovely days in Copenhagen. What a nice friendly city. Well worth a visit. Topped with seeing The Cure at the Arena, which is a great music venue given its size. 

How was it? Did they play any new stuff? I’m going to see them in Brum in December.

Just got tickets to see Maiden next year as well.

8 hours ago, Kinder said:

How was it? Did they play any new stuff? I’m going to see them in Brum in December.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2022/royal-arena-copenhagen-denmark-4bb10be2.html

Not sure if you are familiar with Setlist Kinder? I use it a lot. 1, 6 and 16 are new songs - 6 in particular being quite brilliant imho. The tracks have a Disentegration vibe. You can click on the links to see the songs live. I am going in December too, albeit to the old Wembley arena venue. I suspect they might have one tour left in them, but to be fair Robert Smith seemed very happy and energised on stage. 9 out of 10 from me, but I think the setlists to date have catered a little for their Scandinavian fans. Hopefully in London we will see a bit more from Wish, Kiss Me, Disintegration period. That said they have so many great songs, and tunes, the chances of me getting my perfect Setlist are very remote. 

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2022/royal-arena-copenhagen-denmark-4bb10be2.html

Not sure if you are familiar with Setlist Kinder? I use it a lot. 1, 6 and 16 are new songs - 6 in particular being quite brilliant imho. The tracks have a Disentegration vibe. You can click on the links to see the songs live. I am going in December too, albeit to the old Wembley arena venue. I suspect they might have one tour left in them, but to be fair Robert Smith seemed very happy and energised on stage. 9 out of 10 from me, but I think the setlists to date have catered a little for their Scandinavian fans. Hopefully in London we will see a bit more from Wish, Kiss Me, Disintegration period. That said they have so many great songs, and tunes, the chances of me getting my perfect Setlist are very remote. 

Going to see them live for the first time in Cardiff on December 8th. Can’t wait. Brilliant band. Robert Smith is my fitness coach ?

12 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m off to see Maiden next year too ??

wanted to go to download this year to see them but my kids both selfishly had their birthdays that weekend so had to miss them.

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Ah nice one, thanks.  I love Disintegration/ Kiss Me / Head on the Door, so that looks pretty good.  I saw them at Glastonbury in 2019 and that was an amazing set, loads from Disintegration. Prior to that I’d only seen them on the Wish tour. 

I’ve heard the new album is going to be pretty dark, can’t wait for it. Great to hear the new tracks have a Disintegration sound.

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

I’m off to see Maiden next year too ??

wanted to go to download this year to see them but my kids both selfishly had their birthdays that weekend so had to miss them.

Should be a great show. Will be great to hear some tracks off Somewhere in Time, some of Adrian’s guitar work is amazing. Hope they play Alexander The Great!