Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

On 22/03/2022 at 11:02, Kinder said:

I’ve just got tickets to see Everything Everything in Brum on 9th April. Taking my 14 year old daughter so we’ll be taking it easy on the balcony.

I absolutely love their first 3 albums but they went a bit crap after that. The latest release is good though and they’re great live so should be a good night. 

Any good? I'm going to the Roundhouse in Camden tomorrow to see them. They were meant to be supporting Foals as well next week, but that changed with the gig being rescheduled so many times.

On 24/03/2022 at 13:51, Carl Sagan said:

Did the Buzzcocks at the Garage in Islington about three weeks back. Fantastic - they really enjoyed themselves and so did the audience.

Then it was over to the Royal Albert Hall last week for two sets from OMD, the first their early work they never get to play, and then the second was a "greatest hits" set.

A couple of days later Cleopatrick played a secret intimate gig (100 tickets only) in a pub in Shoreditch. I did worry the floor might give way with everyone bouncing up and down!

Coming up it's The War in Drugs and probably Warmduscher.

Edit: Oh and I forgot about Wolf Alice at the Hammersmith Apollo who were so so.

Saw The Buzzcocks at the Top Rank in Sheffield in 1979. Best band I've ever seen live.

Brilliant chemistry between Diggle and Shelley. 

It didn't harm that Joy Division were the support band mind you.

Pete Shelley was a hero of mine, not only a brilliant lyricist, but a really nice down-to-earth guy.

I'd still go and see them, but few bands come out here. Having to travel to London to see The Damned in October and Birmingham to see The Cure in December. 

35 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

Gigs I've got coming up - 

Everything Everything
Foals
Blondie / Johnny Marr
Bloc Party
Kate Nash
Lorde
The Music / The Cribs
Liam Gallagher
Isle of Wight Festival
Sam Fender
Biffy Clyro

I saw Bloc Party play at The Beachem in Orlando around 2012/13. 

Wasn't super familiar with them, but they were good.

8 hours ago, Bilbo said:

Any good? I'm going to the Roundhouse in Camden tomorrow to see them. They were meant to be supporting Foals as well next week, but that changed with the gig being rescheduled so many times.

Yeah, awesome. They’re supporting Foals in Brum in a couple of weeks and it hasn’t sold out yet, so I’m very tempted. Looks like you’ve got some good gigs coming up.

14 hours ago, Kinder said:

Yeah, awesome. They’re supporting Foals in Brum in a couple of weeks and it hasn’t sold out yet, so I’m very tempted. Looks like you’ve got some good gigs coming up.

Apparently not supporting now. I’m at the same Foals gig with Bilbo. 

2 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Am seeing Ride in Camden later this month. Saw them in Edinburgh when at uni over 30 years ago and they are still going strong. Vapour Trail has to be one of the best songs ever

isn't one of them in Liam Gallagher's band nowadays? Having been in Oasis?

On 13/04/2022 at 15:13, Poynton ram said:

yeah, Andy Bell played in both Oasis and Beady Eye when Ride split up but has rejoined the band now

He was also in Hurricane No 1 a 90s band who did the awesome tracks “step into my world” and “only the strongest will survive” the latter I believe was unfortunately used on an TV advert for the Sun newspaper. However 2 good songs worth a listen to. 

14 minutes ago, Kinder said:

What did you think?

They were a tad disappointing unfortunately; the sound/levels were a bit out on too many songs. It was a 7 out of 10 for me. My lad has seen them 10 times over the years, and he thought they were only worth a 6.  Good night nonetheless on the beer ? Foals and the Great Escape lie ahead ?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

They were a tad disappointing unfortunately; the sound/levels were a bit out on too many songs. It was a 7 out of 10 for me. My lad has seen them 10 times over the years, and he thought they were only worth a 6.  Good night nonetheless on the beer ? Foals and the Great Escape lie ahead ?

What a shame, the levels sounded fine at the Birmingham gig. It’s the 4th time I’ve seen them and it was right up there for me. Glad you had a good night out with your lad though. ? 

Hoping this doesn't break forum rules - I know I've been here a long time, but if any mods want to tell me off, so be it.

I have a spare standing ticket for Foals at the NIA on Saturday - not looking for any money for it as it was a gift, so if anyone can make use of it, I'll be happy, drop me a message. 

Edited by Animal is a Ram