Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hoping this doesn't break forum rules - I know I've been here a long time, but if any mods want to tell me off, so be it.

I have a spare standing ticket for Foals at the NIA on Saturday - not looking for any money for it as it was a gift, so if anyone can make use of it, I'll be happy, drop me a message. 

I'm at the gig, let me see. @Bilbo ?/

2 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Fantastic gig, how good was Lannoy Point and Vapour trail. Saw them in Edinburgh over 30 years ago and they were even better last night. Didn’t realise Andy Bell was lead singer on so many tracks

Knew he'd sung a lot but didn't realize Andy Bell had come to look so much like a character from Game of Thrones! Made it into the moshpit. That's my main exercise nowadays...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Going to see Richard Ashcroft tomorrow at Splendour 

Next Saturday ?‍♂️ genuinely thought it was tomorrow, gutted 

17 minutes ago, Kinder said:

At least you realised. Years ago, we went to see Bill Bailey in Birmingham. When we turned up, the snooker was on - we were a week late!

If my mate hadn’t text me saying he might get tickets but will wait until he sees how much he has left after this weekend. Id have been piling up today to Wollaton hall all decked in my festival gear ?

6 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Have you seen the rumours Liam Gallagher and John Squire are forming a super group and Ashcroft has been mentioned, would be so good that!

That’d be awesome ! 

I was going to order Bob Dylan tickets, until I checked out setlist.fm to see what he's been playing. 

A bit too obscure for a casual fan like me to justify £75 a ticket, so booked to see Sports Team at Rock City instead. 

Will try next week for Springsteen tickets at Villa Park.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/04/2021 at 17:46, BaaLocks said:

Rebellion is a blast, always good fun, if a bit hot and sweaty. Banging weekend.....

Just back from Rebellion 2022 - rocking affair. They had an extra stage this year on the front and loaded it with, well let's just say more accessible bands. Hardcore punk is a riot but four days of it gets a bit much. Some great acts on the new stage - Squeeze, Billy Bragg, Hollie Cook, Skids, Gary Numan, The Stranglers - to just give a bit more to go for than good old fashioned "1-2-3-4".

I also did some housekeeping while there

image.thumb.png.4397fdf7d8f931f7bb90fa2ec1e28fbc.png

Taking Aussie friends to see ABBA tonight. It is one of the futures of entertainment. For 80% of the time it's very hard to believe these aren't 4 solid, living, breathing band members on stage in front of you. Even if you don't like ABBA it's worth seeing for the extraordinary CGI technology. This will be my 5th time. Mrs Sagan is quite a fan (as she spent a long time explaining to @i-Ram!).

On 16/07/2022 at 09:36, Rev said:

I was going to order Bob Dylan tickets, until I checked out setlist.fm to see what he's been playing. 

A bit too obscure for a casual fan like me to justify £75 a ticket, so booked to see Sports Team at Rock City instead. 

Will try next week for Springsteen tickets at Villa Park.

Did you manage the Springsteen tickets? The guy is my absolute musical hero but I simply couldn't justify the prices.  Expensive enough seeing him last time around.

10 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Did you manage the Springsteen tickets? The guy is my absolute musical hero but I simply couldn't justify the prices.  Expensive enough seeing him last time around.

No chance I'm paying those prices, even for The Boss. They never seemed to be available for less than £400.