Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

On 10/11/2021 at 12:38, Bob Mash said:

Went to the Sea Power in Edinburgh, Jarvis and Black Pumas in Birmingham. All fantastic. Going to see Shame in Brum tonight also. Sadly Idlewild at Stourbridge this Saturday has been postponed til next year due to a covid outbreak in the band. Been to a few pub gigs over the last week too at The Flapper and Sunflower lounge. Amazing raucous atmosphere at all the gigs. Great stuff. The only thing I haven't missed is the price of drinks in the larger venues - £6+ on average!! 

What do you think of the change from British Sea Power to Sea Power? Mrs Sagan refuses to see them ever again on account of their wokery. One of the greatest live bands so it's a shame, but I thought it was a bizarre decision.

39 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

What do you think of the change from British Sea Power to Sea Power? Mrs Sagan refuses to see them ever again on account of their wokery. One of the greatest live bands so it's a shame, but I thought it was a bizarre decision.

I like Mrs Sagan.

Saw Shame in Brighton last night. Great live band. Lived up to the hype.

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I like Mrs Sagan.

Saw Shame in Brighton last night. Great live band. Lived up to the hype.

As do I. I realize I worded that terribly and I meant to say it was a bizarre decision by British Sea Power, not by her. 

Shame look excellent. Both me and Mrs Sagan are now very disappointed to have missed them at the Electric in Brixton at the weekend, though we were at OMD that night and I did catch a drumstick at the end!

• 2 weeks later...

Canada's Cleopatrick on Thursday. Loved being back in the mosh pit:

Then it's matey from Dexter (Michael C Hall) at Bush Hall on Tuesday night. Like Cleopatrick, another appallingly named band. His is Princess Goes to the Butterfly Museum, but when I heard him on Colin Murray the other night, the music seemed decent and I saw him a few times as the Bowie figure in Lazarus and he was great then.

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Canada's Cleopatrick on Thursday. Loved being back in the mosh pit:

Then it's matey from Dexter (Michael C Hall) at Bush Hall on Tuesday night. Like Cleopatrick, another appallingly named band. His is Princess Goes to the Butterfly Museum, but when I heard him on Colin Murray the other night, the music seemed decent and I saw him a few times as the Bowie figure in Lazarus and he was great then.

You should post this on the Coronavirus Thread buddy. You would get 5 likes. Oh and about 10 angry emojis. 

I only had one ticket (Tool) at my fridge door and it looked so lonely that I bought two more: Rome and Gojira. Still bondering about Dropkick Murphy's... The covid situation ain't too good here in Germany. 

There's tons of good gigs coming up in the next few months.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2022 at 16:08, leamram said:

We're traveling from the mean streets of Royal Leamington spa to play at the George and Dragon in Belper on the 19th of March, I know I've posted else where but would be good to see some of you there.

https://www.manmademoon.co.uk/

243946734_4235200603268549_4653812837177635020_n.jpg

We don't start until 10pm now due to the egg chasing, anyone who does come down come and say hello, I'm Ben the lead singer. (ironically its the day we play Cov and the 2 other members of MMM who like football are Cov fans)

22 hours ago, leamram said:

We don't start until 10pm now due to the egg chasing, anyone who does come down come and say hello, I'm Ben the lead singer. (ironically its the day we play Cov and the 2 other members of MMM who like football are Cov fans)

*POSTPONED UFN*

On 22/01/2022 at 21:20, Rev said:

Idles living up to their name tonight.

Still not onstage in Bham, and due to replacement rail buses being cancelled, the last train leaving is in 45 minutes!

I was at that, they were brill. Jenny Beth was a pleasant surprise, wasn't aware she was due to be on.

On 27/05/2021 at 22:08, Bob Mash said:

Two festivals now cancelled/delayed til next year ?. Arctangent and Rebellion. Two in Moseley left.. Hopefully they'll go ahead as they're in late August and early September.

Rebellion back on in August - they've definitely toned it down a lot from previous years, a lot more 'punk influenced' than just four days of 1-2-3-4, which much though I love does get a little bit much and it was getting to the stage where they spent more time telling you who had died since last year than they did actually having bands on.

Stranglers last concert, all but, and with only one original member left, first saw them at the Assembly Rooms in about 1979.